X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.webdesignforums.net/vbms/

theirs one to check out

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have heard of a script named "b1gmail". It is, however, written in German with an not so perfect English language pack. I might edit it a little more and that'd be perfect.

Comment

dont suppose you wana share that link?

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
          dont suppose you wana share that link?
          It's probably http://freshmeat.net/projects/b1gmail/. (did a quick Google search)

Comment

b1gMail 5.00 Multilingual >> b1gmail-5.0.0.zip
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by HostOrbit
              Nam,

If you set up an email account for someone using cPanel, you can tell them to login at www.Yourdomain.com/webmail and then they can change their pass themselves.
              I used Hivemail for a few days, i had problems with it sending mail to the wrong accounts so i quickly removed it.
              How? I go to the www.mydomain.com/webmail and it become port 2095, then I see horde, squirrel, neo mail, but no where in the options I could find something like "changing the password".

Thanks for the tips, but could you elaborate more?

Edit: nevermind, I see it, there's an option if you use sub-account, I used main account so I didn't see it.
              Last edited by Nam; Tue 2 Dec '03, 11:34am.
              My forum's vB3 version: 3.6.8

Comment

Originally posted by Nam
                How? I go to the www.mydomain.com/webmail and it become port 2095, then I see horde, squirrel, neo mail, but no where in the options I could find something like "changing the password".

Thanks for the tips, but could you elaborate more?

Edit: nevermind, I see it, there's an option if you use sub-account, I used main account so I didn't see it.
                When you go to that alias, you're really logging into CPanel. You access CPanel by going to port 2095.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Hivemail experiences?

I am seriously considering buying Hivemail, in theory at least it does exactly what I want. As MarkB mentioned I would make it available to premium users as a bonus feature. It sounds like a lot of people have tried this product, anyone who has run it for a largish number of people care to comment on it? Performance, reliability etc...

Cheers

Webspinner

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Gaming
                    Although I'd love HiveMail, I simply don't have the money, so what free or less expensive alternatives have you seen around?

Thanks
                    BTW, this hasn't been made clear yet...do you need vB integration with the webmail script?

As it's been said in the thread, that would mean there are two very different scripts: ones designed to standalone and access individual POP3 accounts, and others that access a master catchall account to create "virtual" e-mail addresses for users (HiveMail and vBMS do this).

Comment

Originally posted by webspinner
                      I am seriously considering buying Hivemail, in theory at least it does exactly what I want. As MarkB mentioned I would make it available to premium users as a bonus feature. It sounds like a lot of people have tried this product, anyone who has run it for a largish number of people care to comment on it? Performance, reliability etc...

Cheers

Webspinner
                      You might find more answers to this question at the site for HiveMail. www.hivemail.com

Comment

With respect, posting questions about HiveMail experiences at HiveMail's site is like those who ask about vBulletin at vB.com/vB.org...

I myself have heard experiences both ways. Maybe you could get lucky and Chen will plan a massive sale on Christmas like he did on April 1st.

Comment

Wouldn't it be smart to get an extra domain for a web-mail service? Some users might send spam so your domain might get blacklisted by some servers...which means that your own email's (or from your board) don't go through either. Also, some people tend to get names like administrator or admin or boss or whatever, so they might using it for fraud purposes or just to show off...

Just a thought though

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                            With respect, posting questions about HiveMail experiences at HiveMail's site is like those who ask about vBulletin at vB.com/vB.org...
                            I don't see how posting a question about HM at vB.com really helps more than that...

I myself have heard experiences both ways. Maybe you could get lucky and Chen will plan a massive sale on Christmas like he did on April 1st.
                            Actually *I* planned the April 1st sale. :P And we are not planning one for Christmas. Most likely not April 1st 2004 either. If we were to do one, it would be sometime when people were least expecting it...then again we are not planning on doing one so it doesn't matter anyway.

Comment

I purchased hivemail about 3 months ago and will be adding it to my community within the next month, along with a myriad of other scripts and features. I researched and I have followed both Chen & Tubedogg, and you won't get anything better than Hivemail.. I've used it elsewhere and I have faith enough to open my mouth without having it running in our community..
                              It's built to run with vb also, so hey.. Can't beat that..

David

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                                I don't see how posting a question about HM at vB.com really helps more than that...

Actually *I* planned the April 1st sale. :P And we are not planning one for Christmas. Most likely not April 1st 2004 either. If we were to do one, it would be sometime when people were least expecting it...then again we are not planning on doing one so it doesn't matter anyway.
                                No Christmas sale!? Dang... if there was I would definitely purchase HiveMail. Oh well =\
                                Rack Blast - Web hosting that is So fast, its a blast!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X