No announcement yet.

Biggest Internal HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything greater then 300GB is a RAID. So if you are using it in an Xbox, be sure that the Xbox can handle using a RAID card.

Comment

what interface is it? IDE?

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
        Anything greater then 300GB is a RAID. So if you are using it in an Xbox, be sure that the Xbox can handle using a RAID card.
        Ok thanks

Comment

Wow that maxtor is good value for money. Only thing is i've spoke to several people who have said "My maxtor just crashed and I lost everything"...

Are they unreliable or something?
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
            Wow that maxtor is good value for money. Only thing is i've spoke to several people who have said "My maxtor just crashed and I lost everything"...

The 120gb in the Xbox at the moment seem's to be running pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve420
              what interface is it? IDE?
              What interface is what? If you mean RAID in general then it can be many. There are IDE, SCSI, and Fibre Channel. USB and Firewire external ones are internal drives that have an enclosure to convert their form (usually ATA since having anything faster would be lost by the Firewire or USB) to USB or Firewire.

Usually you can actually just take an external drive apart and pull the drive out of the enclosure and put it right into a standard internal connector. There are also kits that do the reverse, making an external drive out of an internal one.

Comment

I hate to temporarily derail the thread, but how hard/how much did it cost for you to mod your XBox, Rapid Gaming? Was it reasonably easy to copy the games to and play them from the HDD? Also do you still keep XBox live/system link/5.1 Dolby Digital/all the other perks...?

Being able to just bring the box and no games would be awesome.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Mist

I've had two Maxtor die on me.

WD is the best IMO.
                  Sig? What sig?

Comment

I've got a maxtor, and I never had any problems with it at all...
                    A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X