Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• privacy policy

i was told
    Basically you need one before 11th December or you risk being sent to jail..

this might help
    http://www.privacyaffiliates.com/

http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/dp...0e?OpenDocument

that is the main thing you need to adhere too.
    is this true at all?

They're not going to send you to jail over a privacy policy. I don't know enough about the issue in relation specifically to the UK/EU but I know that they don't arrest people for not having a privacy policy on their webiste.

Comment

but in all fairness it's only a forum, theirs not really sensitive software, i don't see the point really (granted that's probably my laziness talking).

Comment

I remember a time when the internet was free, and you could do what you want (within reason) with YOUR OWN SITE.

The internet is becoming owned

Comment

Originally posted by sabret00the
          i was told
          is this true at all?
          Surely if they were, they'd have to contact all websites seperatly providing them with at least 24 hours to get one up?

Comment

24 hours, would need a little longer than that, although that actual link doesn't actually say anything to say "sabret00the, you need to write one up" and i aint got acrobat reader installed

Comment

It's always advisable to have one just in case someone gets upset at something to do with their private details eg. receiving admin emails, or the fact that vB uses cookies.

Comment

I would say put a quick and dirty one to shut them up

and yes it seems the internet is being owned...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X