Belkin Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belkin Router

Because my dad's so stubborn and he doesn't like our current WGR614 router, he decided that we're going to switch routers. He just bought a Belkin something or other (there's no ID?) 802.11g (54).. Has anyone had any experience with Belkin wireless things? Good/bad?

I'd really rather not switch, as PCWorld said a while ago that our current router was one of the best in-home routers - easy to setup, fast, consistent, etc. I've been trying to find that issue of PCW again to see what was said about Belkin, but I can't find it..
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Not myself, i would assume they wouldnt be to bad. I buy alot of belkin products. You are aware of the differences between wireless b and wireless g right?
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
      Not myself, i would assume they wouldnt be to bad. I buy alot of belkin products. You are aware of the differences between wireless b and wireless g right?
      Yes, and I know that g is downwardly compatible with b. We have mostly g equipment.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Ok just making sure, so you are set to go when you get the g router, i really dont know anyone with a belkin router, to be honest, i really wouldnt recommend anything but linksys right now.

Even Dlink is releasing unstable routers recently, they make great hubs. But there routers are very weak. They have internal design issues.
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

That's the problem with our Netgear. Just about every day (and sometimes multiple times a day), I have to go and pull the plug on it (thus resetting it). Other than that it's a great router. Just soo unstable.

Comment

I had horrible troubles with Belkin wireless/wire combo router a while back. The problem was getting the damn thing to reconnect to the aDSL line. It would work for 6 hours, then when the connection was dropped you had to reset the thing which took 5 minutes because it made you use the setup wizzard regardless if you needed to or not.

I choose Link-SYS.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
              I had horrible troubles with Belkin wireless/wire combo router a while back. The problem was getting the damn thing to reconnect to the aDSL line. It would work for 6 hours, then when the connection was dropped you had to reset the thing which took 5 minutes because it made you use the setup wizzard regardless if you needed to or not.

I choose Link-SYS.
              How long ago? Hopefully not recently?

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                I choose Link-SYS.
                I agree. Linksys (Cisso) is easily the best. I've been using their router & NICs for a while, and they have worked great for me.
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

I worked out all the bugs in my wireless network and my WRT54G Linksys has so far been the most reliable network I've had in quite a while.

0 downtime
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                    How long ago? Hopefully not recently?
                    It was during the time wireless was new, so I guess I would have to cut them a little slack. Its just that if a company rubs me the wrong way once, its going to be tough to get my acceptance in the future.
                    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X