PayPal Protection Sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Protection Sucks!

I was going to order a vBulletin license from a guy, that seemed very reputable. I thought paypal would be safe, as it now offers buyer protection.

Well I thought I had it set to draw from my credit card incase he was trying to pull a fast one, and then it pulled from my checking account. The guy did pull a fast one, and the number he gave me was just sold a week or two ago.

I was going to put a stop payment on it at my bank, and paypal said "We will get your money back, we can stop this type of fraud from happening."

I was like ok, let me lift that stop payment, and I will be alright...I call them yesterday, and boom they said that it was not a tangible product, and they could not help with that. I was like WTF...so I guess I am screwed, and I would suggest anyone else thinking of buying a vB license via Paypal, put it down as a tangible good, and put it on your credit card, for your protection!!!

Thank goodness it wasnt my life savings, but 100 is still 100$!!!

If you purchase anything online you should use a credit card regardless of what it is. Also marking vBulletin as a tangible good doesn't make it one legally.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Could you please PM me the site or the guys name? If possible, maybe post his business url here in order to protect people. Sorry it turned out that way.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Yes just post that info here, dont do it through PMS, it defeats the purpose of protecting people...

Comment

Originally posted by i am coo man
          Yes just post that info here, dont do it through PMS, it defeats the purpose of protecting people...
          Do NOT post this info publicly on these forums. We have no way of ascertaining the validity of this info and it could cause libel problems.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Do NOT post this info publicly on these forums. We have no way of ascertaining the validity of this info and it could cause libel problems.
            I'm not questioning your doing, but how come people were allowed to post things about Ravio? Where they confirmed cons?
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Good point. I usually ask people not to post that info too - but obviously only when I see it. Nonetheless I'll try to be more consistent with this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                If you purchase anything online you should use a credit card regardless of what it is. Also marking vBulletin as a tangible good doesn't make it one legally.
                True Wayne, but then who has to prove that it was intangible. I am not only going to buy vB licenses straight from you guys...saving money sometimes ends spending more than you want!

Comment

How is it your fault if the user doesnt technically do anything illegal.

Comment

I didn't say it was our fault. However these forums are not the place to post potentially libelous statements. We can be held responsible for that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

right...

Comment

Also I would advise everyone contact the vB team to see if the license is valid. Do this prior to any funs being transferred.

Comment

You should report this guy to [email protected] if he's SELLING multiple versions of the same licence.

isn't that like 321654x worse than warez?

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                            You should report this guy to [email protected] if he's SELLING multiple versions of the same licence.

isn't that like 321654x worse than warez?
                            Yes cant hurt.

And as for ravio, i believe most comments where just general comments about ravio's service..
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X