vB 3 Final by Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 3 Final by Christmas?

Can Kier or any vBulletin developer clarify if vB3 will be out by Christmas or New Year? I'm hoping to get vb 3 and launch it with my new site for New Year will it be released by then ? Since the Gamma release wont be till after Sunday that means RC and Final and any other versions between that will have to be released in the next month ? (December)

Thanks in advance.

Nobody has official said (i.e Announcements forum) that the release will be after Sunday.

Comment

Freddie stated it would not likely be before Sunday, and that it would not necessarily be Sunday. That does not mean it will not be Sunday, or even before then.

Comment

Tubedogg - the king of specifics

Comment

Yeah. But what about the Final release do you have no idea when if it will be released by Christmas/New Year?

Comment

Originally posted by Crucial_Lee
            Yeah. But what about the Final release do you have no idea when if it will be released by Christmas/New Year?
            Don't see it happening somehow.

Comment

Even if they did come out and say it would be released before Christmas, would you really believe them?
              Console Racing Review

Comment

Nah doubt it. Just i might be getting vBulletin for Christmas so it would be a nice present to get vb 3 FINAL instead of having to upgrade to final after a few weeks after.

Comment

Originally posted by Crucial_Lee
                  Nah doubt it. Just i might be getting vBulletin for Christmas so it would be a nice present to get vb 3 FINAL instead of having to upgrade to final after a few weeks after.
                  Doesn't look like it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&page=29&pp=15

Check post 433 by Kier.
                  Console Racing Review

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Stewart
                    Even if they did come out and say it would be released before Christmas, would you really believe them?

thinking the same thing....

Comment

Doesn't look like it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&page=29&pp=15

Check post 433 by Kier.
                      Always something happening to push back the date...

Comment

You do realize the reason why Jelsoft is in the current predicament is because someone asked them when something was to be released, and they made the mistake of stating a date.

The reason why Jelsoft is now reluctant to release a date is because they don't want to bind themselves into another predicament.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=433
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                            I will be away for a week starting on the 5th of December, and if we don't have it released by then we won't have enough testing time to get a final release out for Christmas and that would throw off all my development plans for next year meaning I would have to do something evil to myself.
                            Sounds like a Christmas release of vB3 Final is still possible.

Comment

Yep. I trust the vB devs that, regarded nothing drastic happens, when they say a date nothing will stop them from releasing it on or around that day.

They're good, but they're not gods.
                              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment