No announcement yet.

Friday it is then...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, the RC period is incredibly uneventful. People shouldn't worry about there being too much work to go around due to Kier's absence, and there should be little or nothing that requires his input specifically.
    Last edited by iDavid; Sun 30 Nov '03, 7:25am. Reason: I shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard late at night.

Comment

To a certain extent I disagree with the "damned if you do damned if you don't" sentiment. Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to release time estimates (especially when it's obvious you can't make them for whatever reason) but there is nothing wrong with keeping people updated on progress. And before you say you have been, I don't mean searching through 30 random "when is vB3 coming out" threads for tidbits of info. Posting something to the announcements thread every few days or week and closing the many many duplicate threads on this topic would go a long way in making everyone happier.
      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

unfortunately, I would have to disagree with that ... it's a simple case of Bart Simpson's "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ..." the replies and posts in the bugs section is all the update one needs...

Let's be honest, people don't want updates, they just want the product, and they want it now
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I'm feeling patient here.

It would be nice to get a portal on my site when I am not advsied against hacking, however I feel that the staff should take as long as they feel neccessary.

If I had done it again I would'be stuck with vBulletin 2 and upgraded to vB3 when RC came out. However I really don't mind using vB3b7 at all. I'm am for the development team turning out a great product when it is ready.

Patience is a virtue.
          | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
          |
          Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Ok, i'm wrong.. Sorry Steve.
            But anyway, i was just annoyed that there have been few occasions where vBulletin have failed to reach their dates. I understand that there was an attack, but somebody else could have sorted it out couldn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by VolteFace
              You did pay for vBulletin. And you got what you paid for. You got vBulletin, and one year's worth of support, as well as free updates. If you bought vBulletin in anticipation for vB3, that's your own mistake.
              that's funny though, because when someone complained about the bugs in vb2x that weren't fix for a month even though they new about it, they said that it takes too much time working on vb3 and they wanna release it as soon as possible. So when people complain about vb 3x all of a sudden they switch sides and claim that you only pay for vb 2x

Comment

Originally posted by iDavid
                To be honest, the RC period is incredibly uneventful. People shouldn't worry about their being too much work to go around due to Kier's absence, and there should be little or nothing that requires his input specifically.
                Kier's absence???

What did I miss???
                Sig? What sig?

Comment

I read that post

Sig? What sig?

Comment

Its a shame it didnt get released in november...now I have my graduation this weekend and then the next weekend I have a test that I must do to get into the university.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I am done with the test to work on vB.

Comment

Life doesn't begin and end with vBulletin.

Although I'm sure there'll be a hack for that eventually

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
                        Life doesn't begin and end with vBulletin.

Although I'm sure there'll be a hack for that eventually

that's going in my sig

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X