Laptop Batt and a freezer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Batt and a freezer?

Hi there, me and my friends where just chatting like you do and the issue of laptops came up for some reason. Anyway i have an old laptop, its works with mains power supply etc but the battery has no stamina any more. One of my friends suggested i put it in several air tight bags to form some sort of a air tight seal and then stick it in the freezer for several hours. He said this would charge something with in it up in order to make it work again. Is there any truth in this or a big pile of rubbish?

sounds like rubbish to me. I might be wrong, but it freezing a battery causes it to loose its charge.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Total rubbish. Keeping a nicad or NiMHbattery cold will slow down the rate charge is lost (but only when the battery is kept cold- take it out of hte freezer and it strrts to drain at a normal rate), but it will not recharge anything.

Comment

yeah basically atoms are more tightly packed when cold
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Right so this is a load of rubbish then?

Comment

However, if you have a battery that no longer charges 100 % - as can happen with mobile batterys if you just plug them into charge at any old point. This method does work - run the battery right down, and leave in a freezer - I have seen this do it, and was informed of the method by an electronics lecturer

Comment

Yeh that battery is totally dead, so what do i need to do? Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by anjam
                Yeh that battery is totally dead, so what do i need to do? Please help!
                buy a new one??

Comment

Dont really use the laptop would just be nice to know it kind of works lol! Thats why i dont think i am going to buy a new one.

Comment

Well if its dead anyway , give it a go what have you got to loose ?

Though sounds unlightly to me.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X