MultiQuote
    vB3.1? or hack (+1)
    Ignore User
    vB2
    Online/Offline
    vB2
    Relative Dates
    vB3 or hack

They are adding some vB3 features and some vB2 features. It still doesn't come close. Nice try, IPB, but you'll have to do a better job than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by squall14716
      They are adding some vB3 features and some vB2 features. It still doesn't come close. Nice try, IPB, but you'll have to do a better job than that.
      I havent used IPB, but it does look pretty darn appealing. I think you guys should cut it some slack just because you prefer a different package.
      As far as the feature set, if you look at their iterations and the time it is taking them to impliment new features, they could have most of vB3 features implimented before vB3 goes gold.

What is it going to be like in a year?

I bought a vB license about 3 months ago and have sat on it awaiting a point I can start to hack it to my needs without concern. In that time I have casually watched the competition get closer and closer... and vB ETA's get pushed further and further.

Im too pissed yet... I just thought people should stop with the nervous titters about IPB.
      My Twitterings

Comment

• Originally posted by the nail geek
        As far as the feature set, if you look at their iterations and the time it is taking them to impliment new features, they could have most of vB3 features implimented before vB3 goes gold.
        vB3 is efficiently and neatly coded, very modular and extendable.
        Last I looked through the code of IPB (which was not the 2.0 alpha cos AFAIK that's not been publicly released yet?) it was not even close to being as useful as vB3.

With vB3, I can very easily power my entire website which in total has about 4 or 5 times as much functionality and features as vB3 itself.
        Looking at IPB's code, I would say I *could* do it, but it would also take me 4 or 5 times as long. And on a development period of 8 months (min.), that's not something you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X