Comment

Pardon me, but what idiot wouldn't?

The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
      Articles - Forum Review
      Interviews:
      KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
      Paul M

Comment

Most new computers sold to newbies now come with at least 17-inch or 19-inch monitors ... default screen resolution for new users has been 1024x768 and above for some time now, but there are still people who use 800x600 by virtue of the older 15-inch monitors sold a few years ago ...

While I try to make my site "workable" in 800x600, 1024x768 is the minimum sweetspot when I create layouts nowadays... of course, that's with columns and menubars ... a site with left menus on 800x600 res would really look cramped, unless it's all text...
        OPEN TECH SUPPORT
        "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Saying that only idiots use more than 800x600 is just silly. If you don't need to do a bazillion things at once, why would you use a quarter of your screen for your browser? Multitasking only works when there is more than one thing to do. I usually keep a few programs open in my taskbar, but I rarely use them all at once. Right now I am just browsing the web, so I keep my browser maximised. I usually keep Winamp in Winshade+Always-on-top mode docked to the top of the screen too. It works for me.
          Last edited by VolteFace; Sun 23 Nov '03, 1:07pm.

Comment

My my, hasn't this threads grown since it started yesterday? If a sketch gets this sort of debate going, I'm so glad no screenshots have been revealed personally

Comment

personally i have tons of things going at any given time, browsers mirc, im programs, a game, photoshop a few notepads macromedia >.< full screen browsing isnt my thing

Comment

Using the entire screen to browse the web is not single tasking, mind you. Just pop up the other windows from the taksbar/system tray and minimize them back when you're done.

Comment

Me three.

I actually thought of setting up my postbit that way after seeing it that way on another site - none of the sites listed so far, I think it had a black background. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
                  HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
                  Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
                  iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
                  VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

I use fullscreen, but having multiple monitors changes the "idiotness" i hope

Comment

lol, if i had my adaptor again id have my second monitor

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
                        Wouldn't that make the postbit really hard to add customized options if everything was above the post?
                        Beats having postbits that look like this:

Code:
                         +-----+----------------+
                         | .s. | 1-line post..  |
                         | .t. |		|
                         | .u. |		|
                         | .f. |		|
                         | .f. |		|
                         | ... |		|
                         | ... |		|
                         +-----+----------------+

The new style of postbit is a huge space saver, if you ask me. ESPECIALLY if you add lots of hack-related extras..

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                          This is what I posted the other day...
                          That's great! It's just like my postbit design. Thanks, that is going to save me a hell of a lot of time.

This was the first thing I asked if vB could do, since a vertical layout uses space more efficiently. Besides, that's the original way of displaying BBS posts.

I suspect a lot of people are going to cry over this though.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
                            Maybe I'll change my mind once I actually see it. I hope so. But they still should atleast put an option for the classic view for those who won't like it.
                            I agree. I don't like the side-bar header, but it should be a toggle-able option. Top or left/right.

The only thing I don't like about the "new" retro layout is that those few of us that prefer the top-header postbit look aren't going to be as unique.

Comment

Originally posted by KuraFire
                              Beats having postbits that look like this:

The new style of postbit is a huge space saver, if you ask me. ESPECIALLY if you add lots of hack-related extras..
                              But take a glance at this thread. Each post would have a few extra lines with a top-of-the-post style like this.

How many posts in this page does the side-post-bit action actually extend the length of the post? I count 1.

arn

Comment

Originally posted by macrumors
                                But take a glance at this thread. Each post would have a few extra lines with a top-of-the-post style like this.

How many posts in this page does the side-post-bit action actually extend the length of the post? I count 1.

arn
                                So? The headers also serve as breaks between posts, increasing readability.

Take a look down the side of the side-header post bit. Look at all the wasted space.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X