No announcement yet.

The Ever-Elusive New-Style Screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um.... I have a 15 inch monitor...... 1280x1024.... I can read things perfectly fine when I'm not wearing my glasses(which are broken now that i think about it).

Comment

You're going to die from your low refresh rate too.
      Console Racing Review

Comment

Low Refresh rate?

Comment

Originally posted by VolteFace
          There are also lots of other accessibility features in Windows which do not require resolution changing.
          Res changes are one-time and usually easier to do and leave alone for older and/or less tech savy people to use ... unless you've had a fun time telling your grandma to go to start -> programs -> accessibility -> etc ... or even something as simple as ctrl-mouse wheel ... last time I taught my elder aunt how to use the right-click menu, she enabled active desktop without knowing it

Originally posted by Nemon
          Umm, apologies if this has been asked before, i've read that v gamma will be released late novemebr'ish
          In case you missed the joke, there will be no vB3 gamma ... or epsilon ... or zeta ... or omega...
          Last edited by Tolitz; Sun 23 Nov '03, 11:24am.
          OPEN TECH SUPPORT
          "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Setting 'Large Fonts' and zooming the font in IE is a one time thing too. To set Large Fonts:

Go to Display Properties, click the 'Appearance' tab, and choose the font size (this is in XP. In 98 or 2K or whatever it may be a checkbox or something, or maybe under 'Advanced' in the Display Properties tab). It affects the whole computer, and persists itself like any other Windows setting.

To do it in IE, just go to View and select the Font Size from the submenu.

Comment

Tolitz are you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
                In case you missed the joke, there will be no vB3 gamma ... or epsilon ... or zeta ... or omega...
                wrote by Kier
                The gamma release will contain the new style and language-independent templates
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86416

Kier ain't joking.
                www.MCSEboard.de
                German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas P
                  Kier ain't joking.
                  Oops, my mistake then ... it's not everyday that you get a "gamma" release for software, y'know
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by VolteFace
                    Setting 'Large Fonts' and zooming the font in IE is a one time thing too. To set Large Fonts:

Go to Display Properties, click the 'Appearance' tab, and choose the font size (this is in XP. In 98 or 2K or whatever it may be a checkbox or something, or maybe under 'Advanced' in the Display Properties tab). It affects the whole computer, and persists itself like any other Windows setting.

To do it in IE, just go to View and select the Font Size from the submenu.
                    Yeah, yeah, I know all that about large fonts ... I quoted the "other" accessibility options you were referring to ...
                    OPEN TECH SUPPORT

Comment

well personally if they dont give a classic postbit, i dont care, cuz its another mod for me to release at vbt ;D

and i get to code mine too

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                        800x600 who uses that res anymore?
                        True - but what idiot would use their entire screen just to browse the web? Single tasking is what we did in the days of Windows 3.1

I have a widescreen display running at 1440x900 but right now I have nine browser windows open, Word, the Terminal/CLI, iTunes, Entourage, and the Calculator - and that's without doing anything so it's usually far far far more. I just measured the size of the Window I'm browsing with right now - 751x579, not even half my screen.

Can't say I've ever had to waste my screen by enlarging the browser just to see a website that was so poorly designed it doesn't fit - but if I did I'd simply leave the site instead.

What on Earth could possibly need more than 800x600?

Comment

Originally posted by DVD Plaza
                          True - but what idiot would use their entire screen just to browse the web?
                          *points to self*

This idiot.

Although the only time I use 800x600 is when I need to make sure my site fits on that res, otherwise I'm on a 1024 x 728(somethign around there) res.
                          Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

i feel that, i design at 1600x1200 and i aways try to design my site for half of my screen, it tends to workout well

Comment

Originally posted by DVD Plaza
                              True - but what idiot would use their entire screen just to browse the web? Single tasking is what we did in the days of Windows 3.1

I have a widescreen display running at 1440x900 but right now I have nine browser windows open, Word, the Terminal/CLI, iTunes, Entourage, and the Calculator - and that's without doing anything so it's usually far far far more. I just measured the size of the Window I'm browsing with right now - 751x579, not even half my screen.

Can't say I've ever had to waste my screen by enlarging the browser just to see a website that was so poorly designed it doesn't fit - but if I did I'd simply leave the site instead.

What on Earth could possibly need more than 800x600?
                              *this idiot also* :O
                              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Me, as well. :[
                                http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X