No announcement yet.

The Ever-Elusive New-Style Screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'll change my mind once I actually see it. I hope so. But they still should atleast put an option for the classic view for those who won't like it.

Comment

Will we have an option to use the old layout?

Comment

I doubt it, this is just the vBulletin 2 style made to work with vBulletin 3.

Comment

this style is very cluttered.

Depending on the feedback the end result might be two styles, Classic and Modern etc. Though you might all learn to love what we have

The style is being designed in a 800 x 600 environment as default.

I use one notes too, though my favourite think is Side Notes. Thats how I keep track of my todo list

**ticks off another item**
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

800x600 who uses that res anymore?

Comment

More people than you might think. I would say you shouldn't bother with 640x480, but you should at least try to make the site workable at 800x600.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                The population of people who use the computers and the internet is getting older, and as such, it has generally poorer eyesight (and stareing at a computer screen all day doens't help that. )

My parents still have their resolution at 640x480, anything else and the type is to small for them to read on thier moniter.

You have to remember that not everyone has a 20" moniter, and some of those who do have moniors that size with low res because they are blind.

Comment

It is possible to change the font size of websites (or zoom everything depending on the browser) and also the OS in general by turning on Large Fonts. There are also lots of other accessibility features in Windows which do not require resolution changing.

Comment

Hmm... It is a bit - how should I tell - unseen before. I must look the Endversion if I take it with me.
                    Is has some pro's and contra's for me, and we'll see it.

But in general I do not take care for people using a resolution less than 1024.

Comment

Umm, apologies if this has been asked before, i've read that v gamma will be released late novemebr'ish, however what about these forums, will we see the style here before or at the same time as we can download the gamma release?

Comment

Check this website out for a rough idea of what it *might* look like (minus all the graphical stuff of course)

http://www.theologyweb.com/forum/sho...threadid=11619
                        Matt
                        Avatar Generator - The ultimate avatar and banner generation tool. It's a Google Image search mashup.
                        Christian Gaming - A forum for Christians who like video games.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          this style is very cluttered.

Depending on the feedback the end result might be two styles, Classic and Modern etc. Though you might all learn to love what we have

The style is being designed in a 800 x 600 environment as default.

I use one notes too, though my favourite think is Side Notes. Thats how I keep track of my todo list

**ticks off another item**
                          Maybe you should give us an actual screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by hockyfan
                            Chen, your rendition is nicer than Kier's.
                            ???

They were both my renditions...

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                              ???

They were both my renditions...
                              Sweet avatar, Kier.
                              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                                95% of my users. Trust me, we had a pain because a bunch of people didn't like a new style we made that we had to majorly change it to accomodate them.
                                TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X