No announcement yet.

The Ever-Elusive New-Style Screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would hope they do repsect their customers wishes. That posbit re-arangement is really bad.

Comment

I quite like it, actually, but that's just me.

You could post it as a feature suggestion for a future version, I was just saying I don't see them adding it for vB 3.0.
      Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

It will always take a bit of getting used to. Take Infopop and the new UBB.X interface. Everybody hated it at first, but now hardly anybody uses the "classic" interface.

There will always be vB3 skins available for use, just like there are plenty of vBulletin 2 skins.

Comment

I don't want a skin to buy. I want an option to use the classic view.

Comment

I do not like the old look. I hope they do not implement the postbit on the side. They should respect customers' wishes and not add it, since I don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
              I don't want a skin to buy. I want an option to use the classic view.
              Not all have to be bought, there are plenty I've seen that are free.

Comment

"Don't judge a book by it's cover"

This is only a quick draft by Kier. The only way to properly judge is by using the new style in action, Which I'm sure you will be able to do next week sometime

Comment

ogden, coding postbit was hard? I found it very easy to code.

I only hope the new style postbit would be as easy to edit, I like a more custom look than default.
                  Gio Takahashi
                  Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                  The Website and The Forums

Comment

It's only hard if you are not very fluent with HTML, since that is basically all it is in both vBulletin 2 and vBulletin 3. I personally much like the new supposed look for vBulletin 3.0, having it at the top looks much neater.

Comment

It would also give much more room for the actual post on 800 x 600 and under resolutions, if people use them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                        I do not like the old look. I hope they do not implement the postbit on the side. They should respect customers' wishes and not add it, since I don't want it.
                        That's why they should give an option. And yes, the entire postbit is hard. Sorry, not every one is an HTML wizard.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, I just would like to have an option. Maybe I will like it once I see it instead of a drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
                          That's why they should give an option. And yes, the entire postbit is hard. Sorry, not every one is an HTML wizard.
                          I've got to agree there, I'm a complete HTML newbie, I have other people do my layouts and do something for them in return.

I've always wanted to do my postbit like the new one but I couldn't get it to work.

Comment

the top thing has been tons of times

and its NOT THAT hard to redo the layout, if its really ontop i will be changing it back

Comment

You could just copy the postbit from the current style into the new one. No wizardry needed.

Comment

i doubt that actually, youd probally hafta rebuid abit of showthread.php's template, and postbits

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X