Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to charge for advertising (banner at top) on my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by WichitaRacing
    Where do I check how many "impressions per month" the banners will get? I'm a hosting noob.
    When you get to the point of adding banners you'll use what is called a banner rotation script that'll keep track of click throughs, impressions etc.
    Last edited by Scott; Fri 28 Nov '03, 11:12pm.

Leave a comment:

• WichitaRacing
    replied
    ^^^

Leave a comment:

• WichitaRacing
    replied
    Where do I check how many "impressions per month" the banners will get? I'm a hosting noob.

Leave a comment:

• WichitaRacing
    replied
    Originally posted by bhd
    Agreed. I think the problem is to find the right advertisers.
    Right. I don't want somebody to advertise with me that my members don't like, they get badmouthed on the board, then drama ensues. :thumbdown:

Leave a comment:

• bhd
    replied
    Originally posted by Dolby
    It also depends how targeted your site is and if there are advertisers interested in your target audience. You will make very good money in ads if your site is clearly targeted to a specific audience. Of course there has to be businesses wanting to advertise in that target.

So what is your site about?
    Do you know of other sites like yours? Talk to them see what they get.
    Agreed. I think the problem is to find the right advertisers.

Leave a comment:

• WichitaRacing
    replied
    Ya, mine is fairly targeted to a specific audience (performance auto enthusiest in the Wichita area). Only problem is it's not a HUGE board, and we like to keep it registered members viewing only.

I don't know of any boards like mine in the area that have banners. What statistics specifically should I be looking at?

Leave a comment:

• Dolby
    replied
    It also depends how targeted your site is and if there are advertisers interested in your target audience. You will make very good money in ads if your site is clearly targeted to a specific audience. Of course there has to be businesses wanting to advertise in that target.

So what is your site about?
    Do you know of other sites like yours? Talk to them see what they get.
    Last edited by Dolby; Sat 22 Nov '03, 7:54am.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    I run 300*30 banners atop my forum, no more than 4 rotating, for $100US/month flat fee. They usually see around 200k impressions per month min.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    You guys need to post some info such as what your sites are about, traffic, etc.

I run my site as a hobby so I keep my ad rates low. For one month I charge $15 for a guaranteed minimum of 30,000 impressions. I figure anything is better than nothing.

It all depends though. Some sites charge $25+ CPM others, like mine, charge less than 50 cents.

Try seeing if you can find out what your competitors charge and then charge less. If they don't have the info posted on their website try doing a search on Google for keyword+advertising (replace "keyword" with whatever your site is about).

Leave a comment:

• bhd
    replied
    Got the same question -- would love to know too!

Places like Google pay a couple of cents per click - on one of my sites I get like $0.20 per click depending on the type of ad.

Over at vbulletin.org there are some who claim to make $1,000's / month from advertising on their forums -- how do they do that??

Leave a comment:

• What to charge for advertising (banner at top) on my forum?

I've had some offers for "sponsership," or advertisement via banners on my forum. I have NO CLUE what kind of money to ask for this service. I know it's going to be a function of traffic on the site (just a forum right now), but I don't even know where to start. The only thing I know for sure is that it will just be a banner at the top of the page - nothing else.

Help me out.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X