Buy.com screwed me on a $90 mail-in rebate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy.com screwed me on a $90 mail-in rebate

I got a card saying I was denied b/c some info between either the reciept and UPC sku or the shipping slip and UPC sku didn't match. Well, that's bs b/c I sent the originals as asked, right off the box and package.

So I can't prove what I sent b/c they have the originals, and I didn't keep copies. I guess buyer beware...

That stinks. This yet another reason I hate MIR's.
    You should try calling them up, and explaining this.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
      Yes, I plan to. I'll see how far it gets me - I've heard nothing but bad stories about situations like mine.

Comment

Rebate scams are running rampant. I've noticed in recent months that some boxes will have several pseudo UPC code stickers on it.

Circuit City screwed me outta $5.00

Spectracide screwed me outta $4.00

Sams Club sells stuff with expired rebates on them.

I absolutely will not buy anything from Office Max based on MIR. The rebate coupon book they give you is almost impossible to read..... much less fill out.

I purchased a MediaStor CDRW back in June from Best Buy and only received the $25 MIR from MediaStor last week...almost 5 months.

Same thing with a Norcent CDRW......4 months.

You might want to try resellerratings.com. I've dug up some good info on that sight

On a better note:

I purchased a 512mb PNY flash card from Best Buy. It was $99 - $20mfg MIR. Sent in the rebate (I scan all documents and keep the sale paper). A couple of months later, PNY sends me a post card saying I didn't purchase the item in the specified time period for the sale....WTF. I marched down to Best Buy, presented the copies, the sale paper and the post card and said "Someone is lying". They gave me $20 on the spot. A few weeks later I did receive the $20 MIR from PNY. Final cost......$59.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
          Good luck if you try. Calls to Buy.com are $10. Nothing like trying to get support and the second-level menu item is to enter in your credit card number.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Whoa, thats bullsh*t. I'm staying away from buy.com...

This is one reason I shy away from mail-in-rebates unless its $100 or more and I triple check every facet of the process.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

MIR is nothing but a scam, even if you do get the money.

You are just paying too much up front.
              They hold on to your money while it earns them interest.
              You get some of it back (minus the interest) if you're lucky.

Scam!
              Sig? What sig?

Comment

I've never had troubles with rebates, although I can't say I've had much experience with them either. I find that products with rebates are usually low quality and not worth the effort.
                Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. That last Dell computer I got the $200 rebate on was really poor quality!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X