Can i install both versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i install both versions?

I've got vb 2.3.3 installed as im just setting up a new forum, But now i want to try vb3. I know i can install it in like a folder called test etc etc, but i want to install it and get it all set up, and if i like it, Use that instead of my vb 2.3.3 board.

So basically is it ok to have them both running on my server as long as no one else goes there etc, and isnt used as a proper forum until the other one is deleted?

Sorry if thats confusing.

Yes, it is alright as long as only 1 of the forums is accessible... .htaccess is the preferred method to stop access to the test forum...

Comment

Cheers for that. Ill probably delete the 2.3.3 one if i fall in love with the vb3 version

Comment

Originally posted by MindTrix
        Cheers for that. Ill probably delete the 2.3.3 one if i fall in love with the vb3 version
        Which will happen, garunteed.

Comment

I want to do this but in reverse but I'm being told that it is not possible as I want them both to run on the same site with a test forum for 2.3.3 while beta 7 is my current one. I dont want to lose all be db info and this is where I am coming up stuck
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

If I understand you correct, you would like to keep the vB3 Beta as your live site, and have 2.3.3. as a test site? You are able to do this as well, as long as you .htaccess the test site so no one else can access it...

Unless you mean you want to also convert the database from the vB3 setup to your vB 2.3.3? If that is what you are wanting, that is not possible as there is no way to revert from vB3 to vB2 that I am aware of...

Comment

I would want to do that if I decide to go ahead with it. I only have one SQL database as well which is causing problems
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Alright, as I said though peterska2... There is no converter from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 2...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X