• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Installations of IE

http://www.insert-title.com/web_desi...s/dev/multi_IE

Great for testing.

/me is now running IE 5.5 for testing
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Very interesting...

Comment

IE5 is actually really fast. Does a good job rendering most regular old HTML. Crappy job rendering CSS, though.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Might be good for Windows when testing with IE. Thanks Celery.

Comment

It seems the article only discusses how to do this in Win XP? I have an older computer running Win 98, and would much rather tweak that machine to get multiple IEs up, instead of taking the risk on my current computer (XP).
          - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

I'd think it would be the same on XP and 98. The instructions are pretty general.

Celery?

Comment

Comment

i have multiple OS's

dos 6.0 windows 3.1.1 win 95 win 98se win2k winXP Pro

and yes i can run them all that the same time

Comment

Urmf, my IE 5.5 works fine, but IE 5.01 is using IE6's rendering engine. :-/

How did you set up IE4 and 3? O_O

Comment

I'd rather get a copy of Safari for Windows
                    TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kings

Nice. Is that in Win XP or 98?
                      - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

Originally posted by georgec
                        Nice. Is that in Win XP or 98?
                        Looks like XP with the classic Windows theme.

Comment

The shadow gives it away.
                          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

you should be able to pull builds of IE off from older os's if you have them

Comment

I just installed Nutscrape 4.7 for testing purposes. Dear Lord. Anyone who would use this is clearly a masochist.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X