Hacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker

Hello, my account was hacked yesterday at http://www.Videogamezone.net we are using vB beta 7. The person that did it has a vB forum <removed for privacy reasons>. It was 'Up in smoke'. He delted the whole Genral Gaming section which I moderate. Luckly, we had it backed up.
    We also got his ip address.
    The IP Address is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The host name is: [removed].
    I think he should be punsihed for hacking us.

Thanks,
    Yan

It is not Jelsofts responsibility to "punish" anyone.

Comment

This is not the right place to report this. Try contacting this person's web host. (I have edited your post to remove references to this person's identity.)

If you need help in securing your forums, then you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, then email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, the url is still in the post..
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Strange. When I edited it there was absultely no sign of the URL.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do you know how I can find out what host he is using so I may report his site?

Comment

You already have the information you posted. Contact that ISP and report it, and if they take no action, you should file a report with your local police department. You may also want to contact your host and see if they have/will take any action on your behalf.
              Also, do you know how they hacked the server. Was it a weak password for the server account or did an administrator of the forum have a weak password, etc.

These actions should be taken by the owner of the site/person whose name the hosting account is under.
              - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

He didn't hack the server, they hacked my account at VGZ; 'Sniper', I'am a moderate of the General Gaming forum's and he just deleted all the theards there.
                Anyways, thanks for your help guys.
                Last edited by Yan; Mon 10 Nov '03, 6:20pm.

Comment

another reason why you should use a different password for each forum you visit
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Any chance this is a possible security lapse in the vB3 programming?
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Yan
                      He didn't hack the server, they hacked my account at VGZ; 'Sniper', I'am a moderate of the General Gaming forum's and he just deleted all the theards there.
                      Anyways, thanks for your help guys.
                      The only person to blame is yourself. NEVER use the same password on more than one place, and always htaccess your admin site with a seperate password than your login password.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        Any chance this is a possible security lapse in the vB3 programming?
                        Unlikely, we'd have heard about this much sooner than just now, if that had been the case.
                        (that and a dozen other reasons I'll not bother to dig up )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X