Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i see what you're saying. I hope you do figure it out...

Do you think you can show me how to put the ad only under the 1st post of each thread? For some reason i think it'll get more attention. If it doesnt take long it would be appriciated Jo

thanks

Comment

Again, its Joe...

Replace: <if condition="$post[postcount] == $thread[replycount]">

With: <if condition="$post[postcount] == 1">
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Joe, thanks for all you help. I got approved by google today and if you dont mind i need some help from you.

So far everything you've told me works... i've got the ad under the first post
        http://www.anabolicedge.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2364

If you can take a look at it, i wanted to ask you how to space it correctly? Ive tried increasing the 180 but i doenst seem to do anything. Also wanted to know about the spacer.gif. I can't seem to find it, what exatly is it used for?

Last question, can i place the adsense code in multiple places? Right now i have it under my first post and here on my vbadvanced page
        http://www.anabolicedge.net/

Thanks Joe... i'll be waiting for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by aky
          Last question, can i place the adsense code in multiple places?
          It's all explained in their TOS: https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

Comment

I have tried the code in post #73 and i cant see any ad. im using vbb 3.0.0
            Last edited by chapsrulez; Wed 14 Apr '04, 1:53am.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
              ....my income is almost enough to replace a full time job. I cant give details, but its working great. IMHO, you will have better results by showin the ad in the thread, then in the header or footer.
              I use a sidebar. Same deal income wise.

This is a bit off topic, but this is an old thread - Has your income gone down since the February 1 2004 change?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Smith
                I use a sidebar. Same deal income wise.

This is a bit off topic, but this is an old thread - Has your income gone down since the February 1 2004 change?
                what was the change? I just joined adsense a few days ago.

thanks

Comment

The redid how they determine what ads go where and basically revalued clicks. if you just joined you didn't get the e-mail:
                  Hello,

We're pleased to introduce two changes to our advertising services that will enhance the quality of the ads served on your site and help grow our base of advertisers.

Better and Better Ad Relevance

First, we're enhancing our targeting technology to deliver ads that are even more relevant to the content on your site. Over the past year we've been refining the technology we use to deliver ads to content pages by leveraging data from across the Google Network, monitoring results, and feeding this information back into the system ˆ in other words, our technology is becoming smarter all the time. Now, in addition to understanding the overall meaning of a page, our technology determines the relevance of concepts found on a page to pick better performing ads. With this change we expect to deliver ads that better complement the content on your site and provide even more value for your users. The bottom line: increased relevance, and higher clickthrough rates.

Smarter and Smarter Pricing

Second, we're introducing enhancements to our pricing model for advertisers. Google's smart pricing has always provided better placement for better performing ads, and reduced the cost of a click to the least amount possible for an advertiser to stay above their competitor's ad. Now, with the new AdWords pricing model, we‚ll also automatically adjust the price of clicks across the Google Network based on their expected value to the advertiser. A number of factors will be taken into account when calculating the expected value, including the keywords or concepts that triggered the ad. For example, a click on an ad for digital cameras on a web page about photography tips may be worth less than a click on the same ad appearing next to a review of digital cameras.

For advertisers, each and every click will deliver the strong return on investment they have come to expect from Google AdWords ˆ driving even higher advertiser participation on Google and across the Google Network.

What to Expect

While these changes will impact different publishers in different ways, we expect that the combination of these changes will result in most publishers seeing more relevant ads, and a slight increase in the number of clicks from ads on their site. A few publishers will see a decline in revenues. The amount of revenue that a publisher earns through Google AdSense depends on the content of each web page, the availability of AdWords ads, and now, the value of the leads provided to advertisers.

Enhancing our ad targeting and pricing models is an ongoing effort. With these changes we hope to drive more rapid growth in our advertiser base and deliver improved relevance ˆ resulting in an increase in your long-term revenue, higher clickthrough rates, and higher user satisfaction.

We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising available.

We welcome your comments and questions about these improvements to Google AdWords and Google AdSense by email at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Google Team
                  It's a short time - 16 days - and with Easter and all, but I'm down 35% for the month so far.

BTW - I use Ant's sidebar in my place - http://Elsmar.com/Forums/

From what I read at places like http://forums.seochat.com/ a sidebar is 'better' (opinions do abound, though). The sidebar I use shows up on forumhome, showforum and showthread pages but I had to manually edit the index.php file in the archive folder to get them to show in archive view. On the archive I used a standard top of thread banner. The file is easy to edit.
                  Last edited by Marc Smith; Fri 16 Apr '04, 4:29pm.

Comment

No change for me. My best months so far=March and April
                    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

What's your site?

Comment

Hi i added the google adsense code 4 days ago to my show thread template. The only ads that are appearing are for vbulletin and php scripts ??? and my site is about satellites TV !!

It looks like the google spider is not doing a very good job, How can i get more
                        appropriate ads?

thanks
                        chris.

Comment

*Major Problem*

Every time I install the Google Adsense scripts on my forums, my server loads go crazy...sometimes they're not bad but for the most part it really screws up my server loads #s as seen from the admin panel of vBulletin. It makes it seem like my site is using up all kinds of resources when it's actually just a small site...

Why would the google ads be creating these weird server load averages...each time I take the code off the #s go back to normal...

Any help?
                          Unscripted 360 - Xbox 360 Community Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by chriswatson
                            Hi i added the google adsense code 4 days ago to my show thread template. The only ads that are appearing are for vbulletin and php scripts ??? and my site is about satellites TV !!

It looks like the google spider is not doing a very good job, How can i get more appropriate ads?
                            Give it a week and see what happens. It sometimes takes a few days for Google to actually analyze the page and decide which ads to serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaconxgp
                              *Major Problem*

Every time I install the Google Adsense scripts on my forums, my server loads go crazy...sometimes they're not bad but for the most part it really screws up my server loads #s as seen from the admin panel of vBulletin. It makes it seem like my site is using up all kinds of resources when it's actually just a small site...

Why would the google ads be creating these weird server load averages...each time I take the code off the #s go back to normal...

Any help?
                              Weird. I have no idea. I do know pages on my forum load a bit slower because they have to call Google, but I haven't seen server load issues at all.

Comment

Need help

Hi Guys,
                                i need some help wit this code. I dont get it to work.
                                I want the ads to be visible to all visitors.

I experimented a little bit, but somehow, it doesnt work!

Can somebody help?

here is the URL http://www.thepossums.com/f

i can provide access to the cp
                                Thx
                                Maik

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X