Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Here's a little tidbit for everyone to digest...

AOpen has their series of laptops and Gigabyte has a series of laptops due out in a few more weeks...

Anyone wanna bet MSI is gonna join the laptop fight?

So that makes Asus, Compal. Quanta, Mitac, and ECS available to the laptop market...and now we got AOpen and Gigabyte...

Decisions Decisions..

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by iKwak
    whoa! How come you do not carry IBM products?
    because we wouldn't be able to compete against the prices listed on IBM.com

With us dealing with Compal and ASUS directly, we able to provide quality laptops at competitive prices that are equal or lower, but still maintain an excellent level of quality.

Leave a comment:

• Kwak
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    1,000 Units of CL50 with another thousand in a few days
    whoa! How come you do not carry IBM products?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    You can purchase it through Top Micro. I just got off the phone with one of their offices and I'm expecting a shipment in about an hour..

1,000 Units of CL50 with another thousand in a few days

Now need to get the item listed.

Leave a comment:

• psx-dude
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    That's the Compal CL50!!!!!
    That's nice, where can one purchase a compal CL50?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by psx-dude
    HP just came out with a new notebook with a radeon 9600 card, check it out it's reasonably sized, well equipped, and kinda light. good battery life as well.
    That's the Compal CL50!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• psx-dude
    replied
    HP just came out with a new notebook with a radeon 9600 card, check it out it's reasonably sized, well equipped, and kinda light. good battery life as well.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    I recommend you look at the Mitac 8060. It has the look of an iBook, but the power of a PC

http://store.yahoo.com/topmicrousa/mimi80incemo1.html

Leave a comment:

• tiedyetoga
    replied
    I'm thinking about getting a new laptop for the road. I need something that is real light and has wireless connection built in. I have been looking at the Apple G4 powerbooks. Does anyone own one? If so what do you like about it and what don't you like it about? This would be my first apple computer. I looked at some of the Sony's and I'm not really liking them. I saw there smallest one and the screen was way too small.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Radon3k
    Comparable systems like what?
    Meaning after you match up specs with a whitebox notebook (Like Asus or the CL50), you actually find out that you pay more to Dell and Fujitsu.

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    Comparable systems like what?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    To be honest, you technically will be paying more if you went with companies like Dell or Fujitsu with comparable systems.

Leave a comment:

• UHN_ED
    replied
    Centrinos are nice because they are lighter, run cooler, longer battery life, and the 1.7ghz Pentium M will compare with something over 2.6ghz in the P4-M family.

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    I learned tonight that you can still have the same wireless capability on a Pentium 4-M that you can have with Centrino. Centrino is designed to increase the longevity of the battery. Of course if you have Centrino then you have the wireless capability as well. I found an HP laptop tonight that was very nice, though I'm still shopping around. I'd consider a Fujitsu if I could find a retailer in the US such as Best Buy or Circuit City that offered them.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Dell/Hp/Toshiba laptops are also built by Compal.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X