No announcement yet.

Help me choose a laptop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centrinos are nice because they are lighter, run cooler, longer battery life, and the 1.7ghz Pentium M will compare with something over 2.6ghz in the P4-M family.

Comment

To be honest, you technically will be paying more if you went with companies like Dell or Fujitsu with comparable systems.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Comparable systems like what?

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
          Comparable systems like what?
          Meaning after you match up specs with a whitebox notebook (Like Asus or the CL50), you actually find out that you pay more to Dell and Fujitsu.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a new laptop for the road. I need something that is real light and has wireless connection built in. I have been looking at the Apple G4 powerbooks. Does anyone own one? If so what do you like about it and what don't you like it about? This would be my first apple computer. I looked at some of the Sony's and I'm not really liking them. I saw there smallest one and the screen was way too small.

Comment

I recommend you look at the Mitac 8060. It has the look of an iBook, but the power of a PC

http://store.yahoo.com/topmicrousa/mimi80incemo1.html

Comment

HP just came out with a new notebook with a radeon 9600 card, check it out it's reasonably sized, well equipped, and kinda light. good battery life as well.
                My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
                Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

Originally posted by psx-dude
                  HP just came out with a new notebook with a radeon 9600 card, check it out it's reasonably sized, well equipped, and kinda light. good battery life as well.
                  That's the Compal CL50!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    That's the Compal CL50!!!!!
                    That's nice, where can one purchase a compal CL50?
                    My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
                    Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

You can purchase it through Top Micro. I just got off the phone with one of their offices and I'm expecting a shipment in about an hour..

1,000 Units of CL50 with another thousand in a few days

Now need to get the item listed.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                        1,000 Units of CL50 with another thousand in a few days
                        whoa! How come you do not carry IBM products?

Comment

Originally posted by iKwak
                          whoa! How come you do not carry IBM products?
                          because we wouldn't be able to compete against the prices listed on IBM.com

With us dealing with Compal and ASUS directly, we able to provide quality laptops at competitive prices that are equal or lower, but still maintain an excellent level of quality.

Comment

Here's a little tidbit for everyone to digest...

AOpen has their series of laptops and Gigabyte has a series of laptops due out in a few more weeks...

Anyone wanna bet MSI is gonna join the laptop fight?

So that makes Asus, Compal. Quanta, Mitac, and ECS available to the laptop market...and now we got AOpen and Gigabyte...

Decisions Decisions..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X