Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brush with a celeb.

My brush with a celeb.

I was finishing up a week long training class in New York City in the CBS building in midtown. It was Friday 3:30 pm and I hit the Elevator button to go down. It open’s up and Vince McMahon and his wife from the WWE were inside.

I was like whoa holy Sh**, I did not even recognize you. He laughed and said how are you, extending his hand. I shook his hand, said hello to him and his wife. It was only the three of us in the elevator, and I decided to keep chatting with him. Not really knowing what to say… I just ask what he was doing here in the CBS building, and mentioned how tall he was. He is tall, I’m 5’10 and I was looking up to him, and he certainly was built like a rock.

I was “star struck” in a way. I have met other celeb’s but not like this. So that kind of through me off guard. He is a cool guy, I was amazed for the moment, [insert comment here] he and his wife were very nice and I’m glad I had the opportunity to bump into them.
    Louis| Techieville.com

I had lunch with an astronaut once, but I work at NASA anyway so nothing there.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
      I had lunch with an astronaut once, but I work at NASA anyway so nothing there.
      Oh yeah? My son works at NASA in Houston. Where are you filburt1?
      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

GSFC in Maryland. Unmanned spaceflight, so interesting that I met an astronaut when you think about it.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Very Cool!

I had a similar experience last week. I was on a plane on vacation to Mexico and as I'm taking a seat in coach I see no other than Mia Hamm and Nomar Garciaparra (Nomar is my all-time favorite athlete. He plays short stop for the Boston RedSox). Just my luck the air was out on the plane and we all got de boarded. I got the guts to go sit next to Nomar and chat for a while. Very, very cool guy. Couldn't have gone better. I'm still pretty much speechless about the whole thing.

BGray
          Phone Forum

Comment

Originally posted by bgray
            Very Cool!

I had a similar experience last week. I was on a plane on vacation to Mexico and as I'm taking a seat in coach I see no other than Mia Hamm and Nomar Garciaparra (Nomar is my all-time favorite athlete. He plays short stop for the Boston RedSox). Just my luck the air was out on the plane and we all got de boarded. I got the guts to go sit next to Nomar and chat for a while. Very, very cool guy. Couldn't have gone better. I'm still pretty much speechless about the whole thing.

BGray
            Thats cool So I guess you know what I mean. Not that he's a Super star, but it's not someone you bump into everyday. Thats the nice part... and he was cool not an a$$.
            Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

I saw Jacky Chan once in a restaurant in Melbourne. He's a short guy.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                GSFC in Maryland. Unmanned spaceflight, so interesting that I met an astronaut when you think about it.
                I use to know someone that worked at GSFC. Not sure if he still works there or not (I haven't talked to him in over 7 years). But I know exactly where GSFC. I took a trip to Maryland when I was 16 (by myself ) to visit him. At 2am, all the roads off the beltway look about the same (until you run into some scary people, then you quickly get back on the beltway).

I've met a number of famous people. My inlaws are friends with Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent, "Uncle Ted" (as he liked us to call him), use to come over to their quite a bit (at least once a month), and we'd all have a big game session in my inlaw's basement.

My cousin is a fairly famous singer in a band (known worldwide), and I spent my xmas vacation on tour with them when I was in high school. They were on tour with Bush. But before that, they had a short concert tour with Hole and Metallica. But they've toured with Live.

I see tennis player Monica Seles (you know the one that got stabbed) all the time. She lives here in Sarasota. Her and her mom come into Sam's Club all the time. No onterage at all.. just her and her mom.

I've met Hulk Hogan and "Macho Man" Randy Savage at a renaissance festival 2 years ago. They were there together with their family.

I met Paige Davis (Trading Spaces), several months ago. She was going the Vagina Monologues, and a friend and I went to go see it, and after the show there was a "met and greet".

When I was 7 or 8, I met Don Johnson. He was racing in a power boat competition. He was going out with Barbra Streisand at the time.

We have a lot of famous/wealthy people that live here in Sarasota.

Roberto Alamar (Baseball player), Chris Browne (creator of Hagar the Horrible comic strip), Brian Johnson (AC/DC's lead singer), Stephen King (you know the writer), Mike Peters (creator of the Mother Goose and Grim comic strip), Mary Pierce (tennis player), Jerry Springer, Dick "Yeah Baby" Vitale).

^ That's the official list of famous known people that live here in Sarasota.

Don Johnson and Bo Jackson use to live here in Sarasota.

So if you're ever wanting to meet a number of famous people in their day to day lives... Sarasota, FL is the place to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
                  I saw Jacky Chan once in a restaurant in Melbourne. He's a short guy.
                  That's cool. Jackie Chan is awesome
                  (not as good as Jet Li though )
                  Webmaster / Administrator
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by rockergrrl
                    My cousin is a fairly famous singer in a band (known worldwide), and I spent my xmas vacation on tour with them when I was in high school. They were on tour with Bush. But before that, they had a short concert tour with Hole and Metallica. But they've toured with Live.
                    I love Live - what band is your cousin in?

h

Comment

I worked at a popular winestore in LA a couple years ago ... celebrities visit it often, which includes Patrick Stewart, Emilio Estevez and Jack Nicholson... Mister T even visited the store once a week with his son ... Jackie Chan once stopped by to get 15-20 cases of champagne ... he was a hoot

Oh, and yeah, Monica Lewinsky visited the store twice a week back when she was still pseudo-popular
                      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

And now you have all chatted with me in a thread

Comment

Originally posted by hockyfan
                          I love Live - what band is your cousin in?

h
                          Veruca Salt - Their horriblely designed website (if I had more time, I would've done it for them - and made it look a million times better): http://www.verucasalt.com.

She use to date Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters a while back.

But they've been on Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, David Letterman, Rosie... just to name a few...
                          Attached Files

Comment

I never met a celeb I think
                            A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Although Swansea is only the country's second city it has a far better theatre than the capital Cardiff.
                              All the stars prefer performing here than in the capital.
                              The theatre has a club, of which I am a member, that throws parties after performances and invites all the stars.
                              Now, as I'm sure you know, nothing attracts stars like free food.
                              Its all photos, autographs and chatting for the rest of the evening.

I would count amongst the most famous people I've met:

Kenny Baker (R2D2) at an after show party.
                              Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)
                              Peter Cushing
                              Yokoyama Chisa (Seiyu)

There is a story to meeting Yokoyama Chisa.
                              I was attending an animé convention and arrived late for a talk/performance by the guest of honor.
                              So I was standing at the back as all the seats were taken and it had already started.
                              When who should walk up beside me? The guest of honor herself.
                              At which point I pretended to be an usher and directed her to the stage.
                              Sig? What sig?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X