Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When DId you

First Discover vBulletin ?

I saw the vBulletin branding at the bottom of a forum almost 3 years ago (I forget which forum). So I searched google for "vBulletin" and found this site.

"ooooh avatar support!" I exclaimed.

I converted to vB because of the promise of avatar support in vB2 which was still alpha at that time.

Comment

At the offical UBB support forums
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

I was visited in a dream by an angel in purple... I think it was Tubedog in a poncho, actually... or Kier in a tutu with wand...

Anyway. I can't remember exactly But it was a case of 'Ooooooh'. UBB never had a chance, I switched in a matter of weeks (after begging my girlfriend-at-the-time-who-is-now-my-wife (and fellow vB addict) for the dosh).

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
          At the offical UBB support forums
          ^^^^^

Comment

i first discovered vBulletin 2 years ago. I was a mod at a forum that uses the vBulletin and i was impressed by the features and the speed. Well, 1 1/5 years later i bought my first vB
            That's the end of that!

Comment

wo years ago when we decided to make a proyect together and then we look for a PHP System (fisrt Nuke) and then we realized about a forum system that was exactly what we where looking for

See Ya
              | vBulletin Hispano |

Comment

about 3 n half years ago at hole.com...

x

Comment

I discovered it at a forum I was visiting. People were getting unhappy with the way the mods were running that forum. I then bought vB, version 2.2.5 in April of 2001. Those people that were unhappy came to the forum I started back then. I remember posting the very first post and having this feeling like wow, that is so cool how this thing remembers that post and how people could respond to it and the software kept track of it all LOL
                  Last edited by HexOnxOnx; Sat 25 Oct '03, 1:04am.
                  http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

The date it says over there

<-----

I dont remember how, all i know is i found a naughty archive on a fileserver i was browsing, thought "wow i need this" and convinced my parents to give me their cc (at that point i didnt own one).

Comment

I saw a lot of boards using it and I thought to myself how easy would it be for me to do the same, so I tried out the admincp demo and realised how simple it was, so a few weeks later I took the plunge and ordered a licence and downloaded 2.2.7.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
                        I... or Kier in a tutu with wand...
                        Can you picture this?

I can.

...Hilarious!
                        Sig? What sig?

Comment

The mods over at infopoop really got me interested:

1) the more they censored it the more I was intriged.

2) growing resentment at the way they were treating their customers, and also for that ubb enterprise that never appeared.
                          Last edited by Steve Machol; Sat 25 Oct '03, 8:52am. Reason: Removed inappropriate adjective
                          Well, there it is.
                          - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Well might as well tell the truth...Found a link to vBulletin on the Internet 3/4 years ago (It was vb 2.0.3 I think) and had a play in the admin CP...couldn't really get my head round it all (In other words I couln't be bothered to learn how to use it) so I deleted it. Few years down the line and I start up my own website. Used UBB for a short while again but then my member area access expired and just before I renewed it ($99?! ) I came back to vBulletin, tried the admin demo here and bought a 1 year license. Took me a few days to totally learn it but I did it and now on a owned license.

Comment

I found them at sitepointforums.com over 3 years ago now! Was a strange guy called W. Luke in charge at the time! j/k
                              http://www.platinum-central.com
                              http://www.netforge.com.au

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X