No announcement yet.

This is driving me nuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does matter but people now a days are uneducated and have no desire to procure good educations for themselves. I would say that they will regret that when they are older but there are so many of them that their lack of education will have global influence.

Comment

It actually amazes me; I go to arguably the best school in my city yet I'd say a rough estimation of 70% of my year group cannot get the very things listed in the many posts in this thread, right! Things like your, you're, here, hear, there, their, they're, all simple things, really - it's as easy as 2+2 = 4 yet they can't manage it. I don't understand how people can't understand that - they all go to this amazing school, but still don't know how?

Comment

I find occasionally typing away something like "your" instead of "youre" will apear.

Its not like your () all perfect at grammer and spelling. Mistakes will pop thru ()

Comment

Originally posted by merk
          I find occasionally typing away something like "your" instead of "youre" will apear.

Its not like your () all perfect at grammer and spelling. Mistakes will pop thru ()
          Yes, as evidenced in the original posters typos.
          Computer Help Forum
          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Re: This is driving me nuts!
            ^ do you have a steering wheel on your balls?

seriously though, it's pointless trying to tell people to spell properly. Especially americans have a really nasty tendency to not care about proper spelling AT ALL (or they just do not know how to). They may speak the language fine every single day, but if you ask them to write it out... gah.. *shudder*

*sighs*

Comment

I make sure that when I type something that everything is properly spelled and I also do my best to make sure that it's grammatically correct. And as far as "speaking the language just fine" goes, I beg to differ. While there are many people who speak English just fine, the majority of what I hear nowadays is slang. Its even gotten to the point where I can't understand some people because they mumble their words so much. Quite frankly, it's very annoying.

Comment

Perhaps, yeah

I've not been to the States in a long time now (10+ years) but I speak with some american girls frequently (mostly with my g/f) and their pronounciation of the language is fine. But then, so is their spelling... most of the time anyway

Comment

I've also realised that there's a lot of Europeans who have much better spelling than those who've been brought up in a country that primarily speaks English/American. Eventually Americans will be speaking some very weird language, the British will be speaking broken English and the Europeans will be fluent .

Comment

I'm afraid I'll end up being unable to understand what americans are saying :P

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                    http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

There's a good reason for that.

Americans etc. learn the language by speaking it from birth on.

Europeans (excl. english, scots and irish (and welsh)) learn the language in school through written text first and pronounciation second. Europeans see the spelling of words a lot more than Americans do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X