How many domain names do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 6, only 2 are working tho

4 years ago I was only dreaming about owning one...now its just so fun I will keep my original domain registered for as long as I keep a PC in my house

Comment

Just 1.
      Computer Help Forum
      An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

Sheesh, now I feel like some sort of domain name junky. I have 90+ domain names. Most are just redirects to my active sites.

Comment

Why does everyone have so many?

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
            Why does everyone have so many?
            A lot of them can be/are used for re-directs, and some are for speculation, either for our own plans or for a possible future sale.

Plus, some resellers (like DomainGuru) make it painfully easy to buy them, so impulse purchases are a snap. <cough> But they sure add up.

Comment

I have ~15 or so. Only about 5 are in use, the rest I plan to develop whenever I find some free time.
              Glenn

Comment

.com domain names are a finite resource. As such, just because a domain name is available today, doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. So you try to project what you may want to do in the future, then plan ahead today by reserving the domain names that would best suit that purpose. If it doesn't work out, no big deal, you just let the domain names lapse that are no longer relevant.

When the .com frenzy was in full swing, I predicted that leasing and renting domain names may become popular, so I reserved Rent-A-Com.com and Lease-A-Com.com. I think I also have Buy-A-Com.com as well, but can't remember.

The frenzy has fizzled, so it is unlikely those names will ever be put to use. But what the heck. If I could accurately predict the future, EVERYONE would be working for me right now.....

Anyway, most of my other domain names are related to my real business (selling reptiles and/or fauna (FaunaClassifieds). Then I decided to do some websites related to my other interest (firearms) and I reserved some names related to that field, ArmsLocker.com being one of them.

Heck, I got the auction fever for a bit and got WebAuctionBlock.com set up just to watch it die on the vine, along with a couple of other domain names.

I think more websites fail than survive, so most domain names are just not being used, or else were used, and then discarded. So probably a good percentage of *good* domain names today are just in limbo.

Oh well, it's just things people do that appear to be a good idea at the time, but then appear to be dumb when viewed in retrospect.

Comment

i do own 9

no *.com domains, only *.de, *.org and *.info (useless )
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

wow bunch of people here owns alot of domains.

I own one at the moment.

I will probably get more in the future.

One for just the forums, one for the site, and others for redirect.
                    Gio Takahashi
                    Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                    The Website and The Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X