Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people know how to register & use forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew
    I was just thinking that a lot of people on the net don't know alot about computers and might not know how to use a forum.

So I was thinking of writing a guide that shows people how to register and use my forums. Do you guys think that it could be a good idea or is everyone on the net a geek?
    It's a great idea, but be careful not to patronise them.

Leave a comment:

• Razgo
    replied
    i admin and help with tech support on an audio forum and i can assure you we not only get people who don't know how to use the forum but have actually only started the internet for this very first time. sometimes i will get a PM asking me how to post. which makes it a fluke they figured out how to PM me

so yes i think a guide is helpfull.

Leave a comment:

• DR€@M W€@V€R
    replied
    do you really want those sort of people floating around your site anyway ?

the first place i ever registered at was a vb board so im ok...

x

Leave a comment:

• nwingate
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    http://gamingforce.com/forums/ has a great help guide for newbies. I will probbly do something like that on my next forum.
    If anybody does put one of these together let me know. I may be interested in buying something if its easy and clear.

-Nathan

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    http://gamingforce.com/forums/ has a great help guide for newbies. I will probbly do something like that on my next forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82
    replied
    Not really, most people know how to join, but don't know how to use most of the features in UserCP or the Calendar.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    I agree - I was planning on having a site-tour flash thingy for my site, but I never got round to it...

Leave a comment:

• IDN
    replied
    What's a forum?

Leave a comment:

• Matthew
    started a topic Do people know how to register & use forums?

Do people know how to register & use forums?

I was just thinking that a lot of people on the net don't know alot about computers and might not know how to use a forum.

So I was thinking of writing a guide that shows people how to register and use my forums. Do you guys think that it could be a good idea or is everyone on the net a geek?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X