Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    I modified one of Teck's vBLite and got it to work with my current site.

Leave a comment:

• louisl
    replied
    Originally posted by Mijae
    Nice feature, I was reading about it and never actually saw it.

Now, anyone want to tell me how to add that as a side bar on my main forum page?
    Hey I was 2 1/2 hours away... Cant balme for being eager to see how this thing works

been hijacked!

That is exactly what I want to do Add it to a page so it displays as aside bar or anywhere. I got an understanding on the XML thingi but cant seem to find how to implement it on a page.

[Article printing]
    Last edited by louisl; Sat 18 Oct '03, 9:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mijae
    replied
    Nice feature, I was reading about it and never actually saw it.

Now, anyone want to tell me how to add that as a side bar on my main forum page?

Leave a comment:

• Gavin.
    replied
    Originally posted by louisl
    Did not know there was a 12 hour limit on bumping...
    heh - it's just polite really...

But yes if you head over to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/external.php you can see a live feed in action from this forum.

Here is another article from that awesome site, sitepoint.com

Leave a comment:

• louisl
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your thread. This is a new feature and little is known about it now. Have you tried searching these forums for previous threads on this subject?
    Did not know there was a 12 hour limit on bumping...

And yes prior to me asking anything, I always search (to avoid the "do a search reponse"), but as you may know the search does not always come back with the answer/ post with the info. This is why I asked.

RSS as mentioned is "Really Simple Syndication." I just figured that the webmasters here are already trying it out as it's not VB specific, and looks like a cool thing to add to a site for news/content. I dont anything about VB3.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do a search for:

external.php

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    RSS = Really Simple Syndication

http://web.resource.org/rss/

Leave a comment:

• mafo0
    replied
    I'm confused. Is RSS something that is a feature of vB3?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your thread. This is a new feature and little is known about it now. Have you tried searching these forums for previous threads on this subject?

Leave a comment:

• louisl
    replied
    [cough]bump[/end cough]

I know it's the Wolrd Series and all but somebody has to be online... Still trying to get a grip on this.

Leave a comment:

• louisl
    started a topic Im Stupid...

Im Stupid...

I would like to know about adding "RSS" feeds? I would like to incorporate the feed into a page on my site. Anyone know how to do this?

I keep seeing "synadiacte this site links" but How? I see the mention of readers, but I dont think thats what I need, as I want the info displayed on the webpage.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X