Im Stupid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Stupid...

I would like to know about adding "RSS" feeds? I would like to incorporate the feed into a page on my site. Anyone know how to do this?

I keep seeing "synadiacte this site links" but How? I see the mention of readers, but I dont think thats what I need, as I want the info displayed on the webpage.
    Louis| Techieville.com

[cough]bump[/end cough]

I know it's the Wolrd Series and all but somebody has to be online... Still trying to get a grip on this.
    Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your thread. This is a new feature and little is known about it now. Have you tried searching these forums for previous threads on this subject?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm confused. Is RSS something that is a feature of vB3?

Comment

RSS = Really Simple Syndication

http://web.resource.org/rss/
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Do a search for:

external.php
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Please wait at least 12 hours before bumping your thread. This is a new feature and little is known about it now. Have you tried searching these forums for previous threads on this subject?
              Did not know there was a 12 hour limit on bumping...

And yes prior to me asking anything, I always search (to avoid the "do a search reponse"), but as you may know the search does not always come back with the answer/ post with the info. This is why I asked.

RSS as mentioned is "Really Simple Syndication." I just figured that the webmasters here are already trying it out as it's not VB specific, and looks like a cool thing to add to a site for news/content. I dont anything about VB3.
              Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

Originally posted by louisl
                Did not know there was a 12 hour limit on bumping...
                heh - it's just polite really...

But yes if you head over to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/external.php you can see a live feed in action from this forum.

Here is another article from that awesome site, sitepoint.com
                http://www.platinum-central.com
                http://www.netforge.com.au

Comment

Nice feature, I was reading about it and never actually saw it.

Now, anyone want to tell me how to add that as a side bar on my main forum page?

Comment

Originally posted by Mijae
                    Nice feature, I was reading about it and never actually saw it.

Now, anyone want to tell me how to add that as a side bar on my main forum page?
                    Hey I was 2 1/2 hours away... Cant balme for being eager to see how this thing works

been hijacked!

That is exactly what I want to do Add it to a page so it displays as aside bar or anywhere. I got an understanding on the XML thingi but cant seem to find how to implement it on a page.

[Article printing]
                    Last edited by louisl; Sat 18 Oct '03, 9:17pm.
                    Louis| Techieville.com

Comment

I modified one of Teck's vBLite and got it to work with my current site.
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X