Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use webmail for all email?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone use webmail for all email?

    My PC is giving me fatal errors using Outlook Express and Eudora so I'm looking for a web mail program (PHP or Perl) to possibly install and use. I have 8 active POP addresses I need to check and have not had much luck looking at Hotscripts. Anyone use webmail for multiple POP accounts?
    http://www.softballfans.com
    The Ultimate Softball Community
    Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

  • #2
    Do you have cPanel?

    From looking at the site in your profile you do.
    http://softballfans.com:2095/
    Username in the format of user+domain.tld and password, your pop password.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, but it has neomail (?) I believe and it will only check the account I log into and I do not have every POP account on that server. I'm looking for a program that I can have all 8 POP accounts entered and can check email every 10 minutes or so and reply. Basically the same functionality of Outlook Express but via the web interface.

      Do you know of any programs within CPanel that allow for this?

      Originally posted by Rapid Gaming
      Do you have cPanel?

      From looking at the site in your profile you do.
      http://softballfans.com:2095/
      Username in the format of user+domain.tld and password, your pop password.
      http://www.softballfans.com
      The Ultimate Softball Community
      Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

      Comment


      • #4
        Try thunderbird, www.mozilla.org

        It is not web-based so it will be just as fast as any other program. I like it much better then Outlook.

        Comment


        • #5
          This seems very nice, let's hope this does not crash on me too

          Thanks for the link.


          Originally posted by UHN_ED
          Try thunderbird, www.mozilla.org

          It is not web-based so it will be just as fast as any other program. I like it much better then Outlook.
          http://www.softballfans.com
          The Ultimate Softball Community
          Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

          Comment


          • #6
            HiveMail lets you add multiple POP accounts and is quite nice. The only catch is you have to have one e-mail address that is *only* a HiveMail address (ie you can't pop it...). There will soon be IMAP support and this won't be an issue anymore.

            The setup is alao a bit more involved than some expect...you might have to request the help of your host if you do not have root access to the server.

            www.hivemail.com for more info...

            Comment


            • #7
              I actually called them yesterday and spoke to them about my situation and they recommended not using Hivemail.

              Originally posted by boutwell
              HiveMail lets you add multiple POP accounts and is quite nice. The only catch is you have to have one e-mail address that is *only* a HiveMail address (ie you can't pop it...). There will soon be IMAP support and this won't be an issue anymore.

              The setup is alao a bit more involved than some expect...you might have to request the help of your host if you do not have root access to the server.

              www.hivemail.com for more info...
              http://www.softballfans.com
              The Ultimate Softball Community
              Forums, Bat/Equipment Reviews, Team Page Hosting and more!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by boutwell
                ...you might have to request the help of your host if you do not have root access to the server.
                This isn't necessarily true. First, if you use the POP3 method of collecting email, you don't need anything from your host. Second, using the PIPE method, if you have access to Cpanel, Cpanel allows you to set up a pipe as the catchall for your account. (If you don't have Cpanel, then yes you will need access to the valiases file for your domain.)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry about that TD...didn't mean to spread misinformation there. I guess my Hivemail installation experience took place before that option was available in my favored CPanel skin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    heh, I will vouch for HiveMail, ViperHost uses it since not everyone has outlook and not everyone prefers using a something that they may use to receive their personal e-mail.

                    I find that Hivemail works perfectly for just about anything I can think of and the new version 1.3 seems to bring in a load more of just what anyone else may want from what I have read around their forums.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In the interest of full disclosure I should point out here that IMAP support will not be in 1.3 and 'soon' may be stretching it a bit, but it is on the todo list.

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X