Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe
    replied
    *nod* Hosts "virus;s" really suck. Its easy to fix if you know whats wrong, glad I could help

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Gaming
    replied
    Glad to see you've got it fixed - I've seen quite a few of these threads, maybe it would be good to have it stickied or something

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    Thanks for that starting point - I was able to fix it using this
    http://www.computing.net/security/ww...orum/6800.html

Leave a comment:

• Joe
    replied
    http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html should get you started. I dont have time to type it out at work right now

Leave a comment:

• Babylon
    replied
    I'm sure MS issued a patch for that recently. Some bug they found where people can change the host files and produce results like you mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe
    check your hosts file.
    Joe, what do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• Joe
    replied
    check your hosts file.

Leave a comment:

• Me2Be
    started a topic Google & MSNSearch go to Cpanel.com?

Google & MSNSearch go to Cpanel.com?

VERY weird thing happening just on my laptop (my desktop is normal) and I'm on a dynamic IP (if that helps).

Anytime I try to go to Google.com or Search.msn.com, I get redirected to the Cpanel.com page.

It just started a few weeks ago, and I don't recall doing anything different to my laptop at the time. I had always been using the google toolbar (for months) and even tried to de-install it, and then reinstall it (neither helped).

Searches that go through inktomi seem to work fine (excite.com).

Anyone have ANY suggestions?
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X