Microsoft Outlook 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Outlook 2003

So who has had a chance to use MS Outlook/03; besides MSDN and beta testers for it?
    I had no part in developing or testing it myself, i did however vote it RTM; as i was too busy with Windows 2003 Server.
    I found it to be one of the best products (aside from Windows) Microsoft has ever put out.
    It is one nice piece of work isn/t it??

Major changes and they where very effective ones, it don/t just look pretty. it preforms as good as it looks.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Looking forward to installing it Tuesday afternoon!
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

I love it! Its actually really fast, and looks nice. Havent begun to really explore all the newer features yet.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Didn't even know it was out yet. I was thinking about upgrading to Office 2003 but at the price have totally change my mind. the upgrade costs more than the OEM version of office that came with my computer. Sure know how to make money don't they!!

I'm actually rather disappointed considering the Full Retail version costs a lot less than XP did yet they are charging a fortune for the upgrade
        Babylon
        Last edited by Babylon; Fri 17 Oct '03, 12:01pm.

Comment

I always thought of Office XP as the "Windows ME" in the Office Range. 2003 is well worth the upgrade from Office 2000

Comment

Originally posted by John Round
            I always thought of Office XP as the "Windows ME" in the Office Range. 2003 is well worth the upgrade from Office 2000
            I consider it the other way around, with 2000 as the "ME" and XP as the true upgrade. Office 2k was a joke, and was the crappiest one I have ever used. Every time I used Word, it would crash. Outlook 2000 used up an insane amount of RAM and was always slow. XP was (is) great for me and 2003 is just as good.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
            http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
              Same here, hopefully Best Buy will have it.

Comment

I'm thinking about upgrading from my office XP package to Office 2003 and was wondering if this upgrade was worthwhile
                Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                  great to hear, let me know what you think of the new outlook and the new Visio if you use visio..

Thanks
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker
                    I'm thinking about upgrading from my office XP package to Office 2003 and was wondering if this upgrade was worthwhile
                    depends on the software you use most in office,, mostly added features and fixes to word, excel, powerpoint, access, Publisher is now a main component and Frontpage is not..

If you use MS Outlook and Visio, i would say yes definately..
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

And remember the software only runs on Windows 2000 and above (Just in case you oldies using 6/7 year old + operating systems are considering a purchase!).

Visio is great, really easy to draw plans and has a good computer plan so you can drag a computer icon into the workplane and type in the IP etc of it .

Comment

I've been using Office 2003 Beta 2 for the last few months. I was lucky enough to get it free when I was supposed to pay $10

I've only really used Outlook and Word, but found both to be quite stable. The interface change to Outlook was a supprise, but after playing around with it for a bit, I've started to like it.

Comment

I don't like the outlook products, i use eudora, even though it uses IE to read the emails and just as insecure as outlook, well, maybe safer
                          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by John Round
                            And remember the software only runs on Windows 2000 and above (Just in case you oldies using 6/7 year old + operating systems are considering a purchase!).

Visio is great, really easy to draw plans and has a good computer plan so you can drag a computer icon into the workplane and type in the IP etc of it .
                            Visio is really nice,, they need some more networking cabling, doors are either to big or too small, but a huge improvement
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Asendin
                              Visio is really nice,, they need some more networking cabling, doors are either to big or too small, but a huge improvement
                              I have never liked Outlook, stayed with OE for the most part. That was until I installed Office 2003. Outlook 2003 is a very nice piece of work, and is now the default e-mail client on all of the machines in my office. It is pretty (but I turned all of that off), fast, excellent mail rules (and I love the "apply rule to all messages"). The spam filter by default seems to catch %95. A happy customer.

Visio, never used it before. But I have started playing with it.. so far it seems very easy to use. When I load it on the families machine, I think my kids will even get a kick out of playing with it.
                              Glenn

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X