Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merk
    replied
    Looks like ill have to use 2 seperate players at the moment, then. No real big loss.

WMA9 Lossless is also a VBR codec, however, it stores it mathamatically losslessly, so you get an exact wav quality while being sometimes 40% smaller than a wav (depends on the song, though).

iTunes looks damn promising, i just need to clear my CC so i can buy some songs

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    WMA will not currently play in iTunes. However, macosrumors.com has an item claiming they have seen a beta of iTunes v5 that plays WMA on both Windows and Mac. I have no reason to doubt this is on tap as I would think Apple would want their player in front of as many people as possible - including those who use WMA or who download from the WMA+DRM stores.

MP3 VBR is an MP3 file with a variable bitrate, using more bits when the song is louder, has more instruments going, etc., and less when there's less sound information to process, as opposed to CBR (constant bitrate). These are both completely unrelated to WMA.
    I would only take what MOSR says with a grain of salt.. they haven't been that accurate lately. However, I do hope and wish that future versions of iTunes do support as many formats as possible

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    WMA will not currently play in iTunes. However, macosrumors.com has an item claiming they have seen a beta of iTunes v5 that plays WMA on both Windows and Mac. I have no reason to doubt this is on tap as I would think Apple would want their player in front of as many people as possible - including those who use WMA or who download from the WMA+DRM stores.

MP3 VBR is an MP3 file with a variable bitrate, using more bits when the song is louder, has more instruments going, etc., and less when there's less sound information to process, as opposed to CBR (constant bitrate). These are both completely unrelated to WMA.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Another question for the experts, i have alot of WMV9 files, using the lossless codec. Id assume that the ipod / itunes cant play it, can anyone confirm or deny it will?

Theres nothing anywhere saying it can or cant (except saying that ipod supports MP3 VBR, but i dont think thats the same thing).

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mac Write
    ...and best encoder.
    I wouldn't go that far...have you tried LAME?

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Works very swell with my iPod. Hell of a lot easier than MusicMatch or whatever I was using. I'll still use Winamp 5 for playing music on my computer though. Can't beat winamp.

Leave a comment:

• MasterMac
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    Downloaded iTunes for Windows (19 MB!), tried it, didn't like it. I like iTunes on a Mac for reasons such as closing the window keeps iTunes running and such, but I still prefer good ol' Winamp 2 for my MP3s. Nice, lightweight, and just plays my songs.
    Be sure to send a feedback report requesting it

Originally posted by merk
    edit: if i get an ipod can i use it with windows and itunes? anyone know?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    shame its skinned like macos, it'd be really cool if it wasnt

edit: if i get an ipod can i use it with windows and itunes? anyone know?
    edit2: Sync your iPod Now works with all Windows iPods. On-the-go playlists sync from iPod to iTunes. - silly me for not looking

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Downloaded iTunes for Windows (19 MB!), tried it, didn't like it. I like iTunes on a Mac for reasons such as closing the window keeps iTunes running and such, but I still prefer good ol' Winamp 2 for my MP3s. Nice, lightweight, and just plays my songs.

Leave a comment:

• Ksilebo
    replied
    Wonder how it will do with my iPod. I may end up just using XPlay.

Leave a comment:

• Cyborg from DH
    replied
    I love the way they did that (the hell froze over thing, lol, awesome)

Leave a comment:

• dynamite
    replied
    Downloaded it today. Couldn't wait till it came out for Windows

Leave a comment:

• boutwell
    replied
    Damn nice app...is now my default

Leave a comment:

• Mac Write
    replied
    Absolutely been using it for almost 3 years well worth the download best MP3 player and best encoder.

Leave a comment:

• John Round
    replied
    I don't blame them for not supporting 98se, when Windows 2000 is supported (Thats over 4 years old IIRC).

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X