No announcement yet.

Damn, the pigs have flown and Hell Froze Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WMA will not currently play in iTunes. However, macosrumors.com has an item claiming they have seen a beta of iTunes v5 that plays WMA on both Windows and Mac. I have no reason to doubt this is on tap as I would think Apple would want their player in front of as many people as possible - including those who use WMA or who download from the WMA+DRM stores.

MP3 VBR is an MP3 file with a variable bitrate, using more bits when the song is louder, has more instruments going, etc., and less when there's less sound information to process, as opposed to CBR (constant bitrate). These are both completely unrelated to WMA.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      WMA will not currently play in iTunes. However, macosrumors.com has an item claiming they have seen a beta of iTunes v5 that plays WMA on both Windows and Mac. I have no reason to doubt this is on tap as I would think Apple would want their player in front of as many people as possible - including those who use WMA or who download from the WMA+DRM stores.

MP3 VBR is an MP3 file with a variable bitrate, using more bits when the song is louder, has more instruments going, etc., and less when there's less sound information to process, as opposed to CBR (constant bitrate). These are both completely unrelated to WMA.
      I would only take what MOSR says with a grain of salt.. they haven't been that accurate lately. However, I do hope and wish that future versions of iTunes do support as many formats as possible

Comment

Looks like ill have to use 2 seperate players at the moment, then. No real big loss.

WMA9 Lossless is also a VBR codec, however, it stores it mathamatically losslessly, so you get an exact wav quality while being sometimes 40% smaller than a wav (depends on the song, though).

iTunes looks damn promising, i just need to clear my CC so i can buy some songs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X