Anyone have Verizon DSL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogden2k
    Does anyone have Residential Verizon DSL? I'm getting it Wednesday. I have cable right now and am going to try DSL for a month.

How is it for you?
    A friend of mine in Maryland has it and loves it. Apparently there's no upload cap, unlike my Comcast connection's 32 KB/sec. I think he might have the FIOS hookup but I'm not sure.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
      Verizon is a lot better with their customers than Comcast is.
      I feel really really sorry for any Comcast customers. I am glad I don't have to talk to Verizon's Customer Support very often because the process is just excruciating. While I don't have many problems with day to day service now that I switched to Business DSL and am on a different network (GTE versus Genuity), I only remain their customer because there is nothing else available in my current location.

I am looking to move and don't know who my new provider will be yet.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        I feel really really sorry for any Comcast customers. I am glad I don't have to talk to Verizon's Customer Support very often because the process is just excruciating. While I don't have many problems with day to day service now that I switched to Business DSL and am on a different network (GTE versus Genuity), I only remain their customer because there is nothing else available in my current location.

I am looking to move and don't know who my new provider will be yet.
        I had to replace my Comcast cable model today (still in the trunk of my car though). Web requests and all other Internet traffic was fine, but web responses were dropped or super slow. After talking to useless techs thinking I was riddled my spyware (really, all three PCs plus my G4 Cube?), I finally talked to a good supervisor who had just that suggestion. I had to drive 20 minutes on my way to class (normally a 20-minute drive itself but fortunately it was just a mile out of my way) to wait in line for 10 minutes to get a replacement modem with no hassles.

I freaking hate Comcast. They're evil. The service is usually perfect but when it goes down, it goes down hard and stays down.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

verizon dsl

Originally posted by Mainer82 View Post
          Does anyone have Residential Verizon DSL? I'm getting it Wednesday. I have cable right now and am going to try DSL for a month.

How is it for you?
          well GOOD LUCK we upgraded from 1.5-3.0 package to 4-7 mbps and for the first week our router said that our down speed was 7101 and up was 880 and we could connect 3 pc on internet without dropping down below 4.0 mbps now a week later our router is saying 6204 down and 860 up when we call verizon they play dumb and can not explain the difference and refuse to bring it back up now we can not run more then one pc on the internet before the speed dropes down below 4.0 mbps its usually dropping to 2.1 to 3.2 had a tech come out and he says the speed was testing out that low at the interface box and he checked ALL wiring from box to router in our house where the phone line comes in to the box from the pole and its a verizon network problem but they refuse to fix it we may explore ways to get this issue corrected leagaly as they can not maintain at least a 4.0 mbps to our line and refuse to put down speed back up to 7101 mbps

Comment

I have verizon dsl service, and I would rate it on par with dialup. Frequently cuts out, and the speed is painfully slow compared to cable modem.

Comment

testing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X