Double Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Posting

What seems to be the problem if your post is doubled?

There is one forum that i go to, and these past few days it's been having a problem about posts being doubled and thus appeared to be messed up.

Here is one example:

http://ww1.ninjai.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=12898

The most likely explanation is that the server is slow and you are clicking on the submit button more than once.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The most likely explanation is that the server is slow and you are clicking on the submit button more than once.

Why not disable the Submit reply button after it is clicked once?, this has been a problem for so long and that seems like a good solution to me.

Comment

Yeah that sometimes happen the server is too slow and reply button is clicked twice or more...

But in the example given it wasn't a case of slow server and reply button was clicked twice, rather it's a first post and when she submitted a reply button just once some words are repeated.

And she's been trying to edit her post to remove all those repeated words but it appeared there's nothing to edit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.loo
          Why not disable the Submit reply button after it is clicked once?, this has been a problem for so long and that seems like a good solution to me.
          I thought that was an IE (on Win) only thing until I saw Safari do it on the PayPal site, so it seems to be supported, and may not be a bad idea.
          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

It was initially done but while it might be compatible with most new browsers, most old browsers cant handle it.

There was a post checking function added to stop double posts, maybe it doesnt work anymore?

Comment

The problem really is like this, within one post words are repeated. So it's a double posting within one post. Like it was copied and pasted but oftentimes words were messed up.

How is that????

Comment

I've never seen this happen without double-clicking so I don't know. Perhaps the ActiveX script or a hack they are running is causing this problem. Who knows.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yea probably....i just hope the admin in that forum will be able to fix it. Maybe i'll send him an email about your inputs on this thread or better yet tell him about this forums.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X