I shouldn't have upgraded to vB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shouldn't have upgraded to vB3

I miss the Arcade hack for vB2.x.x :-\ Most of my users miss it too...Ah well, just have to wait for vB3 to be in RC1 so hacks can be posted over @vb.org

What can I say? Life's a *****!

Comment

Yeah, the arcade hack was cool.
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

I looked at the instructions for that and decided I didn't have 3 months to spend hacking it into my board. It looks like loadsa fun and a great way to increase 'stickiness' though. I used the game/flash player hack instead which worked OK, but didn't use usernames to maintain highscores so I couldn't use it for tournaments. Hopefully the vB 3.0 version will be more straightforward to install (or maybe the version I looked at was an early beta?).

Comment

Well, it did have pretty long instructions, but since it's all explained to you step-by-step, it doesn't really take that long if you just follow everything. And the results are well worth it.
          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mijae
            I miss the Arcade hack for vB2.x.x :-\ Most of my users miss it too...Ah well, just have to wait for vB3 to be in RC1 so hacks can be posted over @vb.org
            The very first suggestion i believe is to back up all old php files and your database incase the upgrade fails for any some reason.

did you not do this?? if you did you could always go back to vB 2.x.x, of course you would be losing the information posted between that time and now..
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I dont really regret the upgrage THAT much, all I miss is that hack. Other then that, vB3 just rules :P

Comment

You should just be patient, there will undoubtedly be Arcades for vB3 again. But Hacking is not really allowed yet (at least not on vb.org) until RC1, so jsut wait till the arcades come back.

Comment

Originally posted by KuraFire
                  You should just be patient, there will undoubtedly be Arcades for vB3 again. But Hacking is not really allowed yet (at least not on vb.org) until RC1, so jsut wait till the arcades come back.

funny thing is, vb.org is using hacks for vb3

Comment

They're not allowing user-made vB3 hacks, but yeah, they've applied some hacks to their vB3 install, which makes sense. vb.com is a hacked vB3 installation too..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X