Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeleronXT
    Must you say that every time?
    Hahaha...following all his posts are we?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The big question is, if the vBulletin team (or maybe just John) had a time machine, visited the future and discovered how the name of their cherished work of art would be debased, would they go back and rename it? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
        Must you say that every time?
        In a word... Yess!

and if you quote me, at least get it right.

Its

vBB

not

vB

Sig? What sig?

Comment

More information about V.B.B. :

(damned, i hate it!!!)
          why do you replace v b b with v b??
          the link is
          http://v B B.eniki.de/index.php?target=forum
          without the spaces!
          Last edited by MrNase; Sun 12 Oct '03, 3:34am.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
            In a word... Yess!

and if you quote me, at least get it right.

Its

vBB

not

vB

Quoting it changed it. For some reason.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

I say vB all the time out of habit.
              Ryan Ashbrook - My Blog - My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDelight.net
                vBB

Must you ALWAYS do that?

vBB

Yes, I can do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                  Is it really that hard to put vB instead of VB?
                  Yeah, hitting the shift key is too much work ... besides, caps lock rules!

/jest
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

*I* have no problem using vB, in fact, I use it all the time, I don't think I've used VB before, but I just was wondering what the problem was.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                      You'd think if someone paid $160 for something they'd atleast call it by it's proper name....

you would think that if someone paid $160 for something they could call it what they want, i didnt notice anybody else earning my money for me and saying 'here you are phill have this license on condition you call it vb and nothing else'?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
                        I hereby rename vBulletin "vehbuh".

I'm sure Nininene will back me up.

MarkBuh.

Funniest post I've read in a while, LoL ^_^

I think it's quite logical. vBulletin is called vB in short. If your dad is called Peter you don't go 'round calling him John or Eric now do you? vB is the name, and as far as I'm concerned, you look like a moron if you keep spelling it wrong. It's as if you don't understand how to properly spell it. Whether you do it deliberately or not is irrelevant - you look stupid, simple enough.

And we here just don't want people to look stupid (well, aside of vb3dev.com, but we don't have to do anything for that...) hence we correct them when they use VB or whatever odd variation of vB they use that is wrong.

Comment

Oh, come on, now that anology is just idiotic. A more accurate one would be if your name was Peter, but other people spelled it "PEter."
                          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

perfectly fine analogy if you're AR, which most people on these boards are (which most proper webmasters are in general, even).

Comment

I can understand the newbies getting it wrong, but when you're a regular poster here you have to actually go out of your way to mess it up, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                                The big question is, if the vBulletin team (or maybe just John) had a time machine, visited the future and discovered how the name of their cherished work of art would be debased, would they go back and rename it? Hmm...
                                Sounds like the makings for a episode of the Twilight Zone .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X