No announcement yet.

How close do you think we are to RC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if there is going to be an RC, most likely it is going to be a week or two before it goes gold...
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I hope you were joking...because 99.9999999999999% of vB owners, have changed their templates...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon
        I hope you were joking...because 99.9999999999999% of vB owners, have changed their templates...lol
        You are dead wrong on that estimate.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You are dead wrong on that estimate.
          Exactly. It's been said that the templates will change from beta to gold, so I'm fairly certain most users that are running the beta are expecting the templates to change, so as a result, they didn't make many modifications.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

Not only that, but most customers do not post on these forums and many of them never change the templates.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten
              Yep! This really all boils down to Keir's work ethic. Not to put any pressure on Kier, but it's all about him now. Just Kier. If Keir takes a day off from work here or there, it just takes that much longer for RC1.

Again, not to be putting pressure on Kier, but he's got the spotlight. Kier Kier Kier. Did I mention that RC1 depends on Kier?

/me ducks and runs

Hahaha.

Comment

Not only that, but most customers do not post on these forums and many of them never change the templates.
                I haven't changed mine one little bit.

Comment

many of them never change the templates.
                  Wow... who would have thought it? I'm one of those people who can't resist tinkering with things.

Comment

The style is coming on well a colour scheme has been partially implemented and the postbit template has been done.

Navigation has also been something thats being addressed and as Kier has been doing the templates the phrases are being surrounded by <phrase> as we have to phrase the templates too

No screenshots before anyone asks.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Ok, then after someone asks ?
                      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        The style is coming on well a colour scheme has been partially implemented and the postbit template has been done.

Navigation has also been something thats being addressed and as Kier has been doing the templates the phrases are being surrounded by <phrase> as we have to phrase the templates too

Light or dark is my only question. Maybe you'll say it is a mixture
                        My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten
                          Wow... who would have thought it? I'm one of those people who can't resist tinkering with things.
                          Maybe so.

An increasing number of our customers do not know HTML. They build their shops using Yahoo Shops and their general websites using a template engine their host provides and add on forum software and expect it to work out of the box. They may change colors andthe logo but usually don't need to do much more than that.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                            Please?! The suspense is literally killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              Maybe so.

An increasing number of our customers do not know HTML. They build their shops using Yahoo Shops and their general websites using a template engine their host provides and add on forum software and expect it to work out of the box. They may change colors andthe logo but usually don't need to do much more than that.
                              Good points, Wayne Luke... things I honestly hadn't even given the time to consider. So many of the vB-based forums that I visit tend to use some sort of customization(s) that I guess I'd taken it for granted that almost everyone does.

Regardless, I can't wait to see what Kier has up his sleeve for the new vB3 look and feel. With the advancements made in the mechanics of vB3 alone, I am sure he's cooking up something worthy of the new product!

Comment

Great news Scott. I can't wait to see what the new postbit looks like. I would like to ask one thing though, are yall taking a look at the vB style suggestion thread when designing the style?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X