• Show
Clear All

• Lumina
    replied
    Ok, then after someone asks ?

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    The style is coming on well a colour scheme has been partially implemented and the postbit template has been done.

Navigation has also been something thats being addressed and as Kier has been doing the templates the phrases are being surrounded by <phrase> as we have to phrase the templates too

No screenshots before anyone asks.

Leave a comment:

• Tungsten
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    many of them never change the templates.
    Wow... who would have thought it? I'm one of those people who can't resist tinkering with things.

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Gaming
    replied
    Not only that, but most customers do not post on these forums and many of them never change the templates.
    I haven't changed mine one little bit.

Leave a comment:

• Kwak
    replied
    Originally posted by Tungsten
    Yep! This really all boils down to Keir's work ethic. Not to put any pressure on Kier, but it's all about him now. Just Kier. If Keir takes a day off from work here or there, it just takes that much longer for RC1.

Again, not to be putting pressure on Kier, but he's got the spotlight. Kier Kier Kier. Did I mention that RC1 depends on Kier?

/me ducks and runs

Hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not only that, but most customers do not post on these forums and many of them never change the templates.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    You are dead wrong on that estimate.
    Exactly. It's been said that the templates will change from beta to gold, so I'm fairly certain most users that are running the beta are expecting the templates to change, so as a result, they didn't make many modifications.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon
    I hope you were joking...because 99.9999999999999% of vB owners, have changed their templates...lol
    You are dead wrong on that estimate.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    I hope you were joking...because 99.9999999999999% of vB owners, have changed their templates...lol

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    if there is going to be an RC, most likely it is going to be a week or two before it goes gold...

Leave a comment:

• iDavid
    replied
    I would imagine a very small minority ever touches the templates.

Leave a comment:

• Tungsten
    replied
    Originally posted by 0ptima
    I have been thinking about the same thing. What happens if the style turns out to be a total dud?
    I suppose you skin it like most people will end up doing anyway.

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasbelin
    I have to agree with Rylin on this one. Essentially release candidates are very fit and almost finished releases of software that don't require much of any work and they're just releases to check for any possible bugs left before going gold. Essentially the code is then frozen and no new features are added. So basically Jelsoft shouldn't include something as major as a completely rewritten style (I mean, for Heaven's sake that's one of the biggest visible changes in any vanilla vB3 installation anyone will first notice). So I myself would second a proposal that Jelsoft shouldn't push too much now, but instead continue with at least one or two beta released which would include the new style, so that any bugs associated with it could be killed easily. I don't want to install a RC which turns up to be full of bugs due to the new style.
    I have been thinking about the same thing. What happens if the style turns out to be a total dud?

Leave a comment:

• Tungsten
    replied
    Originally posted by pablo
    how many times did you speel his name wrong there ? you better duck and run ..
    Bah! Wasn't me... it's my crappy keyboard!

Leave a comment:

• DarkDelight.net
    replied
    Originally posted by xiphoid
    The poll results look damaged, lol.
    That would be a "This is a live development forum where they're working on the style" issue.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X