Buying vB Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xelation
    I can't fix the mac issue without knowing what is wrong with it.. and so far no one has posted a screenshot of the problem. Im sorry but I don't own a mac so I cant do this myself... I have asked time and time again for someone to post a screenshot.
    You make sure all your themes are HTML and CSS validated? Might be a good idea to make sure your templates are sound before going gold with them. W3C might be a good place to start.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Xelation, contact Smoothie and see if he is willing to help you out. When I was developing skins and even with the new ones, he has always alerted me of problems with the Mac browsers that are not evident in the Windows browsers. Smoothie was a great help with most all skins I developed.

As for the above post, most people know about W3C, but it is not always possible to be 100% compliant the first time around without being able to view on both sides. I have developed many websites & skins that, even though they worked fine in IE and such, mac broswers had a problem with it and they had to be re-worked a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDog
        As for the above post, most people know about W3C, but it is not always possible to be 100% compliant the first time around without being able to view on both sides. I have developed many websites & skins that, even though they worked fine in IE and such, mac broswers had a problem with it and they had to be re-worked a bit.
        As long as it validates via WC3, it will be Internet Explorer MAC functional. The only thing I can think that would bork it would be javascript conflicts.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Xelation
          I can't fix the mac issue without knowing what is wrong with it.. and so far no one has posted a screenshot of the problem. Im sorry but I don't own a mac so I cant do this myself... I have asked time and time again for someone to post a screenshot.
          Oh.. thats real professional. Nice business practice you got at Inside the Pixel. *rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo
            Oh.. thats real professional. Nice business practice you got at Inside the Pixel. *rolls eyes*
            LOL Tell me about it. I am Funcritter on that support site. As I said on that board, it was their job to insure the skin worked correctly before it was placed for sale. You can read the comment from the support people there yourselves. I won't be buying anymore pre made skins. I will find someone to do custom skins from now on.
            http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

Originally posted by HexOnxOnx
              LOL Tell me about it. I am Funcritter on that support site. As I said on that board, it was their job to insure the skin worked correctly before it was placed for sale. You can read the comment from the support people there yourselves. I won't be buying anymore pre made skins. I will find someone to do custom skins from now on.
              I normally try to stay clear of threads like this for obvious reasons

But, this is my biggest fear. You have a few (not pointing "any" fingers) skin sites out there with some less than positive reviews and now the thought could easily be that we are all bad. When in fact some of us try very hard to make sure every single customer is satisfied. We all know that is not 100% possible but if the effort is there and genuine then I think that will speak for itself. At least I hope that is the case.

I just hate to see a few sites give all the skin sites a bad reputation.
              Bob- (pank)
              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

Originally posted by pank
                I normally try to stay clear of threads like this for obvious reasons

But, this is my biggest fear. You have a few (not pointing "any" fingers) skin sites out there with some less than positive reviews and now the thought could easily be that we are all bad. When in fact some of us try very hard to make sure every single customer is satisfied. We all know that is not 100% possible but if the effort is there and genuine then I think that will speak for itself. At least I hope that is the case.

I just hate to see a few sites give all the skin sites a bad reputation.
                You were never one of the bad ones I was mentioning. I bought 2 skins from you and both of them worked with no complaints whatsoever.
                http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X