Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merk
    replied
    I cant speak for valve, but i wouldnt leave my cdkey code anywhere near the sourcecode of a game until release time (but who knows). And im 99.999999999% sure they would recode at least the way it happens, why risk not being able to police legal and illegal software copies?

A fine policy to have as well.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by merk
    But ripping them off? I dont think so - to be apart of my community you need to play online, and no, i cant see an illegal copy of a program counting, youll need a legitimate CDKEY.
    Considering that the source is available to the public, I don't think the CD Key will be an issue. Lets just hope Valve has enough smarts to recode the authorization process. Once a pirater, always a pirater is my policy.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    Fine, so hes a criminal.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest that he has downloaded it, becuase its hardly functional, and has re-excited my community into wanting to continue playing fortress mods (and tf2, will hopefully rock :|).

But ripping them off? I dont think so - to be apart of my community you need to play online, and no, i cant see an illegal copy of a program counting, youll need a legitimate CDKEY.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    My admin has no intention of ripping valve off.
    I'm affraid he already has. What says that when the next leak comes out he doesn't download that? Hes been waiting so long and deserves to play it... right? No. He's just as much to blame as the criminals that stole the source in the first place. You can't say that you don't support the distrobution of stolen goods and then use them. Does not work.

Leave a comment:

• merk
    replied
    My admin has no intention of ripping valve off.

The prerelease beta, aparently, is really crap. It has very few working levels, alot of things are still very buggy.

Oh and, the source code leak didnt contribute to this prerelease build, the build was also stolen at the same time as the source.

I dont condone it, but when my community has been waiting for many (close to 4 or 5, cant remember) years, you cant expect them not to want it

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by ogden2k
    I feel the same way. Because of this crap we have to wait longer for a great game. The only benefit is that I have more time to save $ for an even better PC.
    True. Lets just hope that new technology isn't introduced into the code changes that will require an even beefier PC. I guess its just another excuse to blow another grand on a new mobo and CPU

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    I am talking about the admin playing the illegal version of the game. I too have been waiting for the game and I too want to play it more than ever, but to use pirated software is illegal and considered a criminal offence by me. I think its sad that you people are so greedy you will disregard all rights to Valve and totally throw morals out the window. Have fun with your leaked copy and I hope that sooner or later it will bite you in the ass.
    I feel the same way. Because of this crap we have to wait longer for a great game. The only benefit is that I have more time to save $ for an even better PC.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    Originally posted by phill2003
    why is that? he is awaiting the game with relish, there is nothing wrong with that....

or are you talking about his admins actions in playing the released game? in which case again why is it sad it might not be to your taste but i dare say things you do are'nt to ours....
    I am talking about the admin playing the illegal version of the game. I too have been waiting for the game and I too want to play it more than ever, but to use pirated software is illegal and considered a criminal offence by me. I think its sad that you people are so greedy you will disregard all rights to Valve and totally throw morals out the window. Have fun with your leaked copy and I hope that sooner or later it will bite you in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by phill2003
    why is that? he is awaiting the game with relish, there is nothing wrong with that....

or are you talking about his admins actions in playing the released game? in which case again why is it sad it might not be to your taste but i dare say things you do are'nt to ours....

Perhaps I should elaborate, and correct your mistakes.

1. In your post, you said "..playing a released game"..The game has not yet been released, and what these people did (hackers) is illegal.

2. I believe tgillespie said it's "sad" because this individual was contributing by playing a game which is not yet even out, and which was stolen. Hacking, stealing, or whatever you want to call it is illegal, and releasing the source code is even worse, and I agree with tgillespie' comments.

I also plan on helping them track this person (hacker) down.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrix
    I have just read somewhere where they have moved back the release date to April 2004
    seems vivendi wants to delay it, but valve hasnt confirmed yet. halflife2.net has a good summary of everything.

Leave a comment:

• phill2003
    replied
    Originally posted by tgillespie
    Thats sad.

Leave a comment:

• Surrix
    replied
    I have just read somewhere where they have moved back the release date to April 2004

Leave a comment:

• noppid
    replied
    Has anyone stopped to think about the things that could have been embedded is this leaked reworked code? You may be getting more then you bargain for using a program compiled by a thief.

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    One of my admins has played it.

It has no real story involved, just lots of random maps, but the physics is awsome aparently.

I really cant wait.
    That's what happens when you play a leaked beta.

Leave a comment:

• tgillespie
    replied
    One of my admins has played it.

It has no real story involved, just lots of random maps, but the physics is awsome aparently.

I really cant wait.
    Thats sad.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X