Playable version of Half-Life 2 stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merk
    My admin has no intention of ripping valve off.
    I'm affraid he already has. What says that when the next leak comes out he doesn't download that? Hes been waiting so long and deserves to play it... right? No. He's just as much to blame as the criminals that stole the source in the first place. You can't say that you don't support the distrobution of stolen goods and then use them. Does not work.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Fine, so hes a criminal.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest that he has downloaded it, becuase its hardly functional, and has re-excited my community into wanting to continue playing fortress mods (and tf2, will hopefully rock :|).

But ripping them off? I dont think so - to be apart of my community you need to play online, and no, i cant see an illegal copy of a program counting, youll need a legitimate CDKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
        But ripping them off? I dont think so - to be apart of my community you need to play online, and no, i cant see an illegal copy of a program counting, youll need a legitimate CDKEY.
        Considering that the source is available to the public, I don't think the CD Key will be an issue. Lets just hope Valve has enough smarts to recode the authorization process. Once a pirater, always a pirater is my policy.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I cant speak for valve, but i wouldnt leave my cdkey code anywhere near the sourcecode of a game until release time (but who knows). And im 99.999999999% sure they would recode at least the way it happens, why risk not being able to police legal and illegal software copies?

A fine policy to have as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X