Playable version of Half-Life 2 stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playable version of Half-Life 2 stolen

Well, we all knew the source code was leaked, so I guess this (playable version) was just a matter of time?

----
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - When hackers broke into the computing system of Valve Software, they stole more than just the source code to Half-Life 2. They also stole enough game maps and other components to put together a playable build of the game. Today, five days after the first leak, they have released that build.....
    Full Story:
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/07/comm...ming/index.htm
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Originally posted by Vile
    Well, we all knew the source code was leaked, so I guess this (playable version) was just a matter of time?

----
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - When hackers broke into the computing system of Valve Software, they stole more than just the source code to Half-Life 2. They also stole enough game maps and other components to put together a playable build of the game. Today, five days after the first leak, they have released that build.....
    Full Story:
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/07/comm...ming/index.htm
    My God. This is completely insane. I give up.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

I feel so sorry for Valve

Comment

One of my admins has played it.

It has no real story involved, just lots of random maps, but the physics is awsome aparently.

I really cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by merk

It has no real story involved, just lots of random maps, but the physics is awsome aparently.

I really cant wait.
          Thats sad.

Comment

Originally posted by merk

I really cant wait.
            That's what happens when you play a leaked beta.
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Has anyone stopped to think about the things that could have been embedded is this leaked reworked code? You may be getting more then you bargain for using a program compiled by a thief.

Just a thought.
              Computer Help Forum
              An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

I have just read somewhere where they have moved back the release date to April 2004
                Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                  Thats sad.

why is that? he is awaiting the game with relish, there is nothing wrong with that....

or are you talking about his admins actions in playing the released game? in which case again why is it sad it might not be to your taste but i dare say things you do are'nt to ours....

Comment

Originally posted by Surrix
                    I have just read somewhere where they have moved back the release date to April 2004
                    seems vivendi wants to delay it, but valve hasnt confirmed yet. halflife2.net has a good summary of everything.
                    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
                      why is that? he is awaiting the game with relish, there is nothing wrong with that....

or are you talking about his admins actions in playing the released game? in which case again why is it sad it might not be to your taste but i dare say things you do are'nt to ours....

Perhaps I should elaborate, and correct your mistakes.

1. In your post, you said "..playing a released game"..The game has not yet been released, and what these people did (hackers) is illegal.

2. I believe tgillespie said it's "sad" because this individual was contributing by playing a game which is not yet even out, and which was stolen. Hacking, stealing, or whatever you want to call it is illegal, and releasing the source code is even worse, and I agree with tgillespie' comments.

I also plan on helping them track this person (hacker) down.
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003

I am talking about the admin playing the illegal version of the game. I too have been waiting for the game and I too want to play it more than ever, but to use pirated software is illegal and considered a criminal offence by me. I think its sad that you people are so greedy you will disregard all rights to Valve and totally throw morals out the window. Have fun with your leaked copy and I hope that sooner or later it will bite you in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                          I am talking about the admin playing the illegal version of the game. I too have been waiting for the game and I too want to play it more than ever, but to use pirated software is illegal and considered a criminal offence by me. I think its sad that you people are so greedy you will disregard all rights to Valve and totally throw morals out the window. Have fun with your leaked copy and I hope that sooner or later it will bite you in the ass.
                          I feel the same way. Because of this crap we have to wait longer for a great game. The only benefit is that I have more time to save $ for an even better PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ogden2k
                            I feel the same way. Because of this crap we have to wait longer for a great game. The only benefit is that I have more time to save $ for an even better PC.
                            True. Lets just hope that new technology isn't introduced into the code changes that will require an even beefier PC. I guess its just another excuse to blow another grand on a new mobo and CPU

Comment

My admin has no intention of ripping valve off.

The prerelease beta, aparently, is really crap. It has very few working levels, alot of things are still very buggy.

Oh and, the source code leak didnt contribute to this prerelease build, the build was also stolen at the same time as the source.

I dont condone it, but when my community has been waiting for many (close to 4 or 5, cant remember) years, you cant expect them not to want it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X