Just a side note on pain..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a side note on pain..

Long story, but vicodin pills and morhpine that goes straight into your blood stream doesn't do crap, neither work and i'm still in a ton of pain
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

HaHa.

I am hospitalized all the time (Just got out of major knee surgery as well). Vicodin doesn't phase me (even if you 1.5x the max suggested) but Morphene does the trick for me! What pain are you in? Normally Morphene injections just knock me OUT

Regards,
    Patrick
    Patrick Paul

"Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

I just got out for gal bladder removeal, 1MG of morphine every hour (if needed) didn't work, they went straight into my IV

Comment

Ouch. Well I've had all sorts of medical problems (Prefer not to get into them tho ) And yeah, i know what it's like. I've been shot up with 20mg of Valium before (5mg would put a normal person out cold). Right now I got Morphene shot in me, and vicodin pills, and I think my body is getting used to them. I went from needing 1 to 3 to 2 extra strenght..

Regards,
        Patrick

PS: Hang in there bro!
        Patrick Paul

"Better to stay quiet and have others think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Comment

vicodin + no food = unhappy times

Comment

Aw man, never take vicodin on an empty stomach!! That's ASKING for trouble..

Regards,
            Patrick
            Patrick Paul

Comment

I ate some yogert with it =)

Comment

Originally posted by IDN
                I ate some yogert with it =)
                I guess that works. I usually just grab a few crackers, normally that will do it for me..

Regards,
                Patrick
                Patrick Paul

Comment

IDN,

I feel your pain. I was just getting started at the beginning of summer with my softball team and in our second practice I dove after a ball and landed on a cement slab (yes it was out of bounce but I was going to catch the ball!) and landed right on my shoulder and broke my collarbone. Thought I was alright actually just scratched up.. when I got up I went back into the outfield to shortly find out that I could not feel my arm.. which made it tough to field, so I moved to the infield.. then when I could not take the pain I had my dad who was playing.. take me to the hospital. Stupid me told them to just pop it back into place (thinking it was out of the socket) and they told me it was broken.. so they gave me 4 morphin shots.. cause 2 and 3 did not work.. and they gave me vicodin and I was taking 2 to 3 (at different times) .. and no help.

Thank god... that I took vicodin and ibuprohen at the same time which helped with calcium c pills. Still broken but manageable now...

good luck!

p.s. re-read... yeah don't take it on an empty stomach.. and I don't recommend, but if you want to get rid of the pain for awhile.. I tried liquor with the pills which seem to help.. yes the pain might have still been there but you just did not care lol

Comment

I hear you feel no pain while on Seoconol or Rohypnol.

You'd be out cold, and if you did feel anything you wouldn't remember it afterwards.
                    Sig? What sig?

Comment

I remember yesterday being next to a 75 year old man on morphene, valium, vicodin, etc.. all at ONCE. It was pretty funny.. imagine the drunkest guy you've ever seen!! Now here's what adds a whole 'nother level, his girlfriend is only 25 so he was trying to get on her at the hospital! Pretty funny..

Regards,
                      Patrick
                      Patrick Paul

Comment

I feel your pain.... I've had many injuries/surgeries and the meds didn't work

After I had my last baby, I had a c-section. I was in SOOOOO much pain. After my spinal epidural wore off, they were giving me morphine drips - didn't work - still hurt like heck (and a half). Because that didn't work, they put me on the highest dose they could give me of Percocet 5 (325mg), and that didn't work. And the next morning, they were having me situp in bed (less than 24 hours before I had my gut cut open and a baby pulled out). They couldn't come up with anything that they could give me to keep the pain to a minimum (that wouldn't make my blood pressure go up). They sent me home with a "30 day" supply of Percocet to help with recovery... didn't work at all.

In 2001-2002, I tore a ligament in my back - that made 4-5 vertebre compact on top of each other -- making walking, or anything in particular a pain (the kind of pain that makes you feel like you're going to get sick -- the "If I don't sit down, I'm going to die pain). I was on Vicodin 800mg (and some nice muscle relaxers - that made me feel stupid - weeeeeee) -- worked a little bit, but then my body got use to it, and it didn't do anything for me. 800mg is like the highest you can go -- and the dosage is usually give by your weight - but they did my dosage in how much pain I was in - debilitating pain.

What kind of dosage are you on? 500, 750, 800mg? Might go to your doctor and tell them that its not working for you... maybe they'll up the dosage.

Also... no everyone's body reacts the same way to pain meds as someone else. Something that may do wonders for someone else, may not do crap for you. They probably aren't giving you enough dosage for your weight. (they've been known to do that).

Comment

If you guys are wondering why someone like me is taking all these meds, you can refer to
                          http://www.dr2.net/vB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4540

You'd be surprised how many surgeries docs will throw at you in a 3 day time period...

Regards,
                          Patrick
                          Patrick Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X