Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, this is new to me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ok, this is new to me

    in 2 weeks I've accrued over 100 members, however hardly anyone is posting on my forum. I'm clueless as to why there's not even any introduction postings. anyone else have this issue?

  • #2
    Send out regular mails to all users asking them to stay active.

    They probably registered to see something, do you have it so non-members cant see posts?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nebby
      Send out regular mails to all users asking them to stay active.

      They probably registered to see something, do you have it so non-members cant see posts?
      no, but I do have a thread in which I had pictures of something a lot of people might have wanted to see.

      that could be a reason. what would I say in the email though?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by heretic
        no, but I do have a thread in which I had pictures of something a lot of people might have wanted to see.

        that could be a reason. what would I say in the email though?
        Cool Idea for a site.

        Good luck!
        Computer Help Forum
        An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by heretic
          no, but I do have a thread in which I had pictures of something a lot of people might have wanted to see.

          that could be a reason. what would I say in the email though?
          say something along the lines of

          Dear $username,
          This is a reminder if you don't post within 30 days, your account will be deleted.

          etc etc etc

          sincerely,
          admin.


          of course, don't actually delete them (unless you want to) just threaten them.

          Comment


          • #6
            That has happened on just about every board I have ever ran. I think people think they are helping out simply by registering and not posting.

            I even tried running a vB giveaway but 3/4ths of the people joining never confirmed their emails so the contest ended with no winners.
            http://www.icecreamforum.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by heretic
              no, but I do have a thread in which I had pictures of something a lot of people might have wanted to see.

              that could be a reason. what would I say in the email though?

              The majority of the people you got to look at those pics are most likely paulie posers that have no interest what so ever in actually discussing the machanics of what they watch on TV. They are more likely to want to discuss the family dynamics of Paul, Paul Jr., and Mikey as seen on TV.

              Perhaps if you added a paulie fan club forum you'd get them back. In the mean time I hope more real riders gravitate to your site.

              I like your site, but I ride and wrench.
              Computer Help Forum
              An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by noppid
                The majority of the people you got to look at those pics are most likely paulie posers that have no interest what so ever in actually discussing the machanics of what they watch on TV. They are more likely to want to discuss the family dynamics of Paul, Paul Jr., and Mikey as seen on TV.

                Perhaps if you added a paulie fan club forum you'd get them back. In the mean time I hope more real riders gravitate to your site.

                I like your site, but I ride and wrench.
                thanks for coming over

                The last thing CoL needs are those Paulie stalkers... sometimes they actually scare me. They're more concerned about who he's dating than the actual bikes themselves

                Comment

                Loading...
                Working...
                X