What Broadband (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Broadband (UK)

Hi, i dont have broadband at home at the moment but am hopeing to get connected with in the next few weeks. I am looking for some good deals and want a reliable connection. I am on a BT line and do not want to switch to NTL or anything like that. I am looking for a 0.5 connection and need all the modems etc.

Can you post any deals you have seen recently and rate or any services you are on and are pleased with.

Many Thanks

Anjam

m8 of mine swears by nildram but i wouldnt know being stuck with 56k

Comment

Right, okay! Thanks! Anyone else?

Comment

goto adslguide.org they all hang out there the service providers they will tell you more there man

Comment

I have had PlusNet recommended to me.

Comment

I have BT. Does me alright

Comment

www.pipex.net

cheap as chips (£23 a month inclusive vat), reliable as hell (for me n e ways) your contract is only monthly and not a year one and its only 17 quid setup and they send u modem/microfilters etc etc.
              http://

Comment

Originally posted by Darkshines
                I have had PlusNet recommended to me.
                I've heard nothing but bad things about them!
                Motorsport Forums

Comment

The best ISP in the UK is Nildram.

Whatever you do, do not be duped into ordering BT ADSL (BT Openworld) as the services is just below average imo, even though they are the backbone provider. They and many other ISP's tie you into a 12 month contract to lengthen your pain.

Plusnet have some good reviews, and also offer 20:1 contention ratios at £5+ per month over Nildram.
                  Zen is also another good ISP I have heard a lot of things about, espcially if you like newsgroups as they offer more than just 1 thread.
                  Nildram - their support is slipping recently, especially out of hours when it gets outsourced to go knows where in the world. But pings are excellent and they have ranked in the top 3 speed tests for many months over at adslguide.org.uk. Also with a 1 month minimum contract on all packages you can easily move to another provider if you aren't happy.

As the old saying goes - you get what you pay for.
                  HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                  -
                  Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

I'm on NTL (600k) and they suck big time! :/
                    Chamber of Secrets - The Ultimate Harry Potter Community!

Comment

BlueYonder, it's amazing.

I've heard VERY bad things about BT, NTL and bulldog.

Comment

I'm on Nildram, go for it. It's great!

Comment

How about virgin what is that like?

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                            BlueYonder, it's amazing.

I've heard VERY bad things about BT, NTL and bulldog.
                            Strange - been with BT for over a year and had no problems with them.

Mind you, I used Big Pond in Australia (worst. ISP. ever) so I'm feeling spoiled just being able to connect!

Comment

From what i've "heard" Blueyonder and BT are the ones to go with. Seems as they are the biggest telephone network providers they offer a reasonable and reliable service.

(So i'm told)
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X