Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erwin
    How do you make the money?
    solely from banner ads, I guess if I would have added in the money from google adsense or donating members I'd be doin a little better yet

The funny part is I know I could make much more than I do now, my sponsors have told me they are willing to pay much more, but as long as I cover all my bills I really dont care too much what I rake in.

Comment

right now I pay around $3000 USD for my server, about $300 USD a year for colocation on shared 100m connection provided by China Telecom, the best of all, bandwidth is not a issue, look like it doesn't cost anything, i had a really big site has over 70000 member and over 2000000 thread, upload file size was limited to 1MB.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
        How do you make the money?
        a guy started an anime website, he got $3 million USD investment in 2 month, after that he turned into online gaming.

Comment

mtellin... just curious(not to be nosey), what kind of a site do you run and how active is it?
          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
            mtellin... just curious(not to be nosey), what kind of a site do you run and how active is it?
            I'll PM ya

Comment

$12 per year, yet I am on a dedicated server with 40 Gig bandwidth...

Comment

mtellin, out of curiousity, who are your sponsors, what kind of site do you run, and how active is it?

I'd like to know too.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme
                  Where on earth do you get hosting like that?
                  I get 5 gig space 25 gig BW for 24.99 a month

Comment

$149.00-US/month
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Around £10/month
                      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

My old website used to cost my $5 until I had alot of server crashes and things like this. I spent about $350 on my last website I had. Vbulletin Lisence, Two Skins, Home Page Template, Hire Poster and alot more.

My new website is costing me now $10 a month as I have upgraded my hosting so the crashed would go away. I think they have, so far, so good.

I'll probally spend the same on the 'extras' with my new site but I'd have to save up first, Fo Sure .

Comment

It's costing me about $60-70 a month if I factor in all the software fees, upgrade subscriptions, web hosting, free stuff that I gave/planning to give out on the forum, and other emergencies. I'm no where to even close to make that much back. My forum is small, about 1700 members and about 140k posts. I have a group of good friends to monitor my forum, I actively participate in almost all of the ongoing threads, and we all meet regularly in person. I don't think I'll ever break even but it's fun because we're a big family

http://www.sportbikers.net
                          Last edited by Vtec44; Thu 30 Mar '06, 5:21pm.
                          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

hosting
                            $10 a month
                            4.5gbs
                            75gbs bandwidth i think

domain
                            $10 a year

Comment

We've just started with VB, but our site (CableTV.com) has been up since December 1993. Our costs are limited to the VB, PP, etc licenses. Our bandwidth is provided by the owner (me, myself, I, etc.) of the sponsoring firm. Costs are offset quite nicely by Adsense income.

Platform is an old Dell Optiplex running XP-Pro.

Cheap at twice the cost.

I can't begin to express how much I like VB over the other solutions. Now if I could just figure out how to get PP to work...sigh...

Jonathan

Comment

I pay 41.95 a month. Imon a reseller account once we grow i will upgrade to a bigger package..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X