• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta 7 preview testing

... is now going on.

great news lads.

p.
    My Sites :

I think it's bad news that we actually need a Beta 7.
    http://www.wdwforum.net/smallsig.php

Comment

why is another beta bad?

We were willing to give it all to you with a new style and bug fixes as RC1.

But thats really a waste of time for testers, so we put the new image directory structure into effect and added bug fixes so testing can continue and time is used more efficeintly.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by pablo
        ... is now going on.

great news lads.

p.
        How do you know that is what they are doing?
        Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

SurrixHow : it has been posted on a few sites. plus check the bugs section here.

Scott : what do you mean , vb3.7b could be RC1 ? Is it the normal friday release date again you aim ?

WDWInsider : sure there were plenty of updates in vb2 , we got to vb2.3.2 after many revisions. The idea that they update their product often is good. They are always good with security fixes , etc.
          My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            why is another beta bad?

We were willing to give it all to you with a new style and bug fixes as RC1.

But thats really a waste of time for testers, so we put the new image directory structure into effect and added bug fixes so testing can continue and time is used more efficeintly.
            Does this mean that the new style is done? If so, will it be seen in beta 7?

Are the templates at least finished, so people can start making customizations without the risk of losing them?

Comment

I worded that badly.

I should have said.

We were willing to give it all to you with a new style and bug fixes as RC1 in a few weeks.

The first part of the style was to re-organise the images directory which has been done. We moved some items out of the style and into the language system and added what should be final support for RTL.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

So your basically saying that the new style is not done but you have it done as far as if we were to create a new style we wouldn't nessarly have to revert all the templates
                Surrix.net: Computer help forums/articles

The person in my avatar is Elisha Cuthbert she plays on Fox's 24

Comment

He didn't say that either...

He said some preliminary work to enable the new style to be worked on has been done and that the Dev team would like to get those changes into the hands of the beta testers as Beta 7.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The new style will not be in beta 7, period, the end. The new style will debut with RC1, at which point you can safely customize your templates.

Comment

I just want the final so I cand mod the crap out of it. I swear, vB3 will have antlers by the time I'm done with it.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilebo
                        I just want the final so I cand mod the crap out of it. I swear, vB3 will have antlers by the time I'm done with it.

Sig? What sig?

Comment

so, my questions is,

will there definitely be a public Beta 7 ? And if yes, can you give us a time frame, for the possible release of this new beta?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Comment

I have my two sites running in beta 7 preview, and I have found a few things like missing phrases and incorrect behaviours. A few other users run the preview aswell, and they possibly find a few things that I have not found yet.

As always, when these findings are fixed - I am sure the public beta 7 will follow shortly.

The preview is here (I think) to find some small bugs that they didn't find themselves and test it on a few different sites/situations.

I have done two upgrades on two different servers so far, from beta 6 to beta 7 and I done two installations on both windows server and linux servers.

Previous releases show that they do their best to release it on either a friday or a monday.

Having said that, I think we can expect a release later today, just to break the habit

Comment

well unless beta 7 is a huge update.. i,ll wait for RC1 if its only a few weeks away i just got beta6 working well

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X