Who owns vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns vBulletin?

Does anyone know who the owner of vBulletin is? i can't work it out, it's gotta be one of these below..

Kier Darby
    John Percival
    James Limm

??????????

vBulletin = product, Jelsoft = company.

It was John that started the company, I believe.

Comment

Jelsoft = James Edward Limm SOFTware.

James is the head dood.
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. It was James... damn, I should've known that!

Comment

I think the best way to get ahold of James is to rent a yacht and sail out to his private island
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
            Jelsoft = James Edward Limm SOFTware.

James is the head dood.

Ahh JELsoft.
            BTW Bobbaz, how do you make your sig get those information?

Comment

I do not know. My PM box is flooded with people asking me lol.
              Does James really own that island?!

Edit:
              Osea Island, England
              330 acres, £6,000,000

Yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbaz
                Does James really own that island?!
                Of course not...

Comment

Though at one time we were going to buy it and rename it vGeek Island or somesuch.

Comment

I heard James started his own car company...and called it vROOM (thanks to Steve who pointed it out to me)

I thought it was James and John who owned vBulletin
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by iKwak
                      Ahh JELsoft.
                      BTW Bobbaz, how do you make your sig get those information?

Sig info:

http://www.danasoft.com/index.php
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Didn't John and James start Jelsoft together?

Comment

JelSoft existed prior to vBulletin.

vBulletin came into existence because James and John were running their site on a PHP/MySQL ported UBB and several of us were disatisfied with the direction that UBB was going and with the fact that Ted lied to us about the true nature of OpenTopic, even going so far as telling me a week before the release the server I was looking at ($6k at the time) would be adequate to run it, so I purchased it on my slim budget.
                          Several people began looking for alternatives to UBB, but there were none out there. The group then got together and approached James about licensing his version to InfoPop, but they declined because it was what the people had been promised and it would interfere with their ideas of what the people should have and hurt them financially because of the amount of money they had spent on OpenTopic.
                          James and John were resistant at first, but soon joined in the UBB Alternatives ezBoard group and people started hashing out the features they wanted in a board.
                          Even after joining the group they were resistant to the idea of developing their own board and selling it. We had to resort to the most vile of tactics to get them to do so.
                          Out of my own pocket I hired a team of ex-SAS commandos to storm Buckingham Palace and kidnap the Queen's Corgis, leaving a ransom note demanding that she have Parliment issue a decree that James Limm begin development of a Message Board System or we would begin feeding the Royal Pooches a diet of beef jerky, Taco Bell and Sam's Choice dry dog food.

Rather than see her puppies endure such torture (and gas), Her Highness complied with our wishes and vBulletin was born.

no animals were harmed in the spinning of this tall tale
                          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 23 Sep '03, 8:22am.
                          Webmaster:
                          @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                            Out of my own pocket I hired a team of ex-SAS commandos to storm Buckingham Palace and kidnap the Queen's Corgis, leaving a ransom note demanding that she have Parliment issue a decree that James Limm begin development of a Message Board System or we would begin feeding the Royal Pooches a diet of beef jerky, Taco Bell and Sam's Choice dry dog food.

Rather than see her puppies endure such torture (and gas), Her Highness complied with our wishes and vBulletin was born.

no animals were harmed in the spinning of this tall tale
                            Finally... the real truth.

The truth is out there...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                              Though at one time we were going to buy it and rename it vGeek Island or somesuch.
                              yeah what happened to all that gear and $$$ that was donated towards the island on your forum ?
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X