Lame Microsoft patch emails still circulating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame Microsoft patch emails still circulating

Microsoft never issues patches threw email, they may send a link to the official microsoft domain explaining it and links to the patch from that point.
    But never the actual patch to you, just a heads up

-- screenshot below --
    Attached Files
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

People who don't already know this deserve to be infected

Comment

I got some of these e-mails in my yahoo account, straight into the trash can.

Comment

I've never had any stupid emails like those, glad to be honest but those do seem like a good laugh.
        Computer Networking Forums
        www.unlocked-networks.com

Comment

That's probably the most convincing one I've ever seen though. Often they'll just be some short lame plain text message.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Got a couple of those yesterday too ... swen worm at work

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...me=WORM_SWEN.A
            OPEN TECH SUPPORT
            "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Just seeing who its from, tells me that it isnt a TRUE Microsoft email...they could have atleast spoofed it

Comment

One varient of the email comes from ****@web.msdn.net, not many people know what msdn is, I am not sure why they used that addy... I personaly would have used [email protected]
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon
                  Just seeing who its from, tells me that it isnt a TRUE Microsoft email...they could have atleast spoofed it
                  And last time I checked, Microsoft didnt refer to itself as "MS" in any email...let alone say "run executable..." and improper English. I'm pretty sure they would have fixed the silly errors this email has

Comment

Has anyone been getting emails with a single Word document attached? I got one yesterday - it was from someone I didn't know and he claimed to be moving house so was selling pretty much everything he owned (mostly computer gear as he claimed to be a computer technician). That one went straight in the bin too.

Comment

I got one variant from @vbulletin.com, but then again it was only a spoofed from header.

Comment

The thing that makes me so angry about this is that dozens of people must have me in their address books, because I'm getting these messages by the truckload.
                        Matthew Yette
                        [email protected]
                        antsmarching.org - People in every direction

Comment

I've been getting about 20/hour -- in about 3 of my email addresses (each). Drives me crazy! Especially since my IPS' email address is only limited to like 5mb of space, and I always get limited space emails when I check my email in the morning.

Its driving me crazy!!

Also, I'm getting lame returned email emails all the time as well -- with attachments.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X